TV Streaming Services and their Content

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm saving that for tomorrow and the next week, there is not much on conventional TV I want to watch, and I'm trapped! Anymore good Sci-Fi suggestions?
The final season (6) of The Expanse is currently on Amazon Prime and if you haven’t watched any you have the previous 5 seasons available. If you don’t have Prime you only need to subscribe for a month.
Sorry to hear your housebound, shouldn’t drink at Weatherspoons🍻🤼‍♀️

I'm saving that for tomorrow and the next week, there is not much on conventional TV I want to watch, and I'm trapped! Anymore good Sci-Fi suggestions?

I have tested positive for Covid and must not leave the house for 10 days, so until the 7th at the latest, may be the 5th at best if I have 2 negative lateral flow tests on 3rd/4th of January. I suspect its the Omicron variant, as I'm triple jabbed and had the 3rd 4 weeks ago. I met a friend in the pub on Xmas Eve and they've tested positive also, luckily his wife tested negative (she doesn't go to the pub) as she works front line for the NHS.

Its crazy I was sitting down at a table having a beer and chatting when this 19-20-ish knuckle dragging tw*t came and tried to start a fight with me (I'm 64 for goodness sake!), because he thought I looked like a Tottenham Hotspur fan (I don't watch or even like football/soccer, but I do know they normally play in Blue or White, and I was wearing Red!). So I had a half-wit breathing right in my face, then because I didn't bite he did the same to my friend, before he wandered off as he was unable to start a fight - so that is how I think I caught it. So no New Years celebrations for me down the pub tomorrow :mad: Luckily as triple jabbed I just feel unwell, not ill, but my concentration is shot.
Sorry to hear about your encounter with some cretinous football douche-bag Dunc! Just too many ass wipes out there...

Hopefully since you've been triple tapped the symptoms will be mild; keep checking in with us please OK?

I got a chance to watch The Book of Boba Fett last night and it's every bit as good as The Mandalorian (seemed like it had more rear speaker effects also.) Loved the way they started the series where the movie left off, but I wont spill the beans. This show is going to be high quality Star Wars for sure, puts you right back into the Star Wars universe!

As far other stuff Sci-Fi, it'll be hard to come up with something as great as the new Boba series; that T shield, jangly spurred, cloned bounty hunter turned Daimyo makes for wonderful entertainment. But, they only give us new episodes every Wed. IINM. Be sure to watch the ~30 min. extra about how the Boba character was created.

The Expanse as @olgitnorm mentioned is pretty good also; I'll need to go over my various services and see what else to come up with for you.

I still say the Tom Hanks movie Finch on Apple TV is not too bad; as well as The Wheel Of Time on Amazon; the series Invasion & Foundation on Apple TV; the series See on Apple TV ; Season 2 of Resident Alien ~Jan 26th; Loki on Disney+; movie The Tomorrow War on Amazon; the series Cowboy Bebop on Netflix and one of my favs is the Kung Fu western series Warrior on HBO Max also.

Don't know if I mentioned this fantasy show on Netflix yet that wasn't too bad called Shadow and Bone:

I'll try and come up with some other stuff for you; take care!

The final season (6) of The Expanse is currently on Amazon Prime and if you haven’t watched any you have the previous 5 seasons available. If you don’t have Prime you only need to subscribe for a month.
Sorry to hear your housebound, shouldn’t drink at Weatherspoons🍻🤼‍♀️
Luckily the nearest 'Spoons is about 30 miles away :LB:ROFLMAO:, but sadly the moron was local to the town :mad:

Finally, peace in the solar system

ROCINANTE.jpg

I read that Netflix reached subscription saturation some time ago, so the only remaining course is to raise prices. At least these services allow for a limited number of multiple screens streaming at the same time; so grandma and grandpa can share with the grandkids to lower the cost. But this whole thing is getting out of hand. Let them chase us away with ever increasing prices because I'd rather listen to music...Watching TV deadens the mind. It is known as The Boob Tube for a reason. (Sage advice from a man who is going to watch all six NFL playoff games this weekend. ) 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Speaking of Netflix -

Ozark: Season 4 Part 1 - Available 1/21/22

------------------------------------------------------------
and on AMAZON PRIME VIDEO-
*should be just the medicine for those that thought Cruise was ill cast in that role!

REACHER - Available 2/04/22

Thanks to a tip elsewhere from @J. PUPSTER I thoroughly enjoyed watching Early Man last night. On VUDU, $4 to rent, $14 to buy. This is another great Nick Park/Aardman production. Basically set around the transition between stone age & bronze age, you can also witness the creation of soccer, or rather football.

Richard Ayoade lends his talents & Boy Howdy I'd know that voice anywhere. The surround effects is dramatic & bass is scary deep. Also VUDU presents it in 7.1, which Netflix & others do not.

Either this is real claymation or CG FX have evolved to the level of not looking too perfect. Or to put it another way however the visuals are created it looks like the real stop motion deal.

Give it a watch.

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies...rl%3D%25252F%26searchString%3Dearly%252520man

As a fan, you'll need to put a note in your 2024 calendar. The BBC have just posted this press release -
View attachment 75374
WooHoo!
Thanks for the info. And as a fan I certainly will be on the look out for it, on Netflix.

But this really surprises me. I thought was Wallace had been retired after the death of Peter Sallis. Nick Park said his voice could never be replaced for Wallace. Most interested to see who he casts!

WooHoo!
Thanks for the info. And as a fan I certainly will be on the look out for it, on Netflix.

But this really surprises me. I thought was Wallace had been retired after the death of Peter Sallis. Nick Park said his voice could never be replaced for Wallace. Most interested to see who he casts!
No, there was a bit of a lull but Wallace never got retired. Effectively Ben Whitehead took over the role. He's successfully voiced Wallace for Aardman on a number of projects for several years now, including in the current series of DFS Furniture TV adverts, e.g. -

Last edited:
Back