KISS "Destroyer" Box Set with Blu-Ray (Steven Wilson 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes out soon!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is sold out! I think there are many Kiss fans, but don‘t care about surround content.
Interesting. Amazon still indicates "in stock", Kiss store has "preorder" so I guess they will be making more as needed. Smart but so much for limited edition. I guess it's limited to "as many as we can sell". LOL

I've been checking every day on Amazon. The price hasn't budged. I think it speaks volumes that there are only 2 votes. They have priced it so high that the people who care most about multi-channel mixes aren't willing to buy it.
And even the QQer’s that bought it still haven’t rated it either….wonder what it all means. I bought 1 copy but got 2, still haven’t listened to the BR yet because you can hear it on APPLE MUSIC in ATMOS

I am a prime candidate for this album. I was in my mid teens when Destroyer was released and was a big KISS fan. I bought and listened to it many times.
When I heard there was gonna be a SW 5.1 release, I was eagerly looking forward to it. A revisit to an album from my youth. Then....I saw the only way to get the Blu Ray is in the boxset.
Not ever gonna happen at the price it goes for. Too bad....oh well.

I have the Destroyer box , and find the 5.1 mix good. Not one of Wilson's best mixes I think, but then maybe Kiss isn't as exciting in surround as certain prog bands etc. However the Destroyer mix is a fun enough expericence, and listening to an album I've been listening to since I was a little kid in 5.1 made the album seem "new". I'm glad I bought the box set , even though it's overpriced. I rated the surround disc an 8 overall.

I’m also a prime candidate for the box but the $190 price tag is too rich for even my wallet. Though I did just get a $50 Amazon gift certificate for Xmas. :)
Let us know when their is a substantial price drop.

Especially considering with NYS sales tax [8.375%], the price would increase to $206.00!

And even the QQer’s that bought it still haven’t rated it either….wonder what it all means. I bought 1 copy but got 2, still haven’t listened to the BR yet because you can hear it on APPLE MUSIC in ATMOS
Lossy though! Crack one of them things open!

Fat Chance, Mikey.....MM is what you would call A HOARDER!

MM still has a sealed copy of MEET THE BEATLES, for Pete's sake!

Last edited:
I might be interested in a 5.1 standalone set, but sure ain’t going to shell out the $$ for a bunch of mass produced “paper goods.” Don’t get me wrong, I was ‘of the age’ when this was all going down and I was one of those kids with pictures of Kiss plastering every inch of their bedroom.

But I have heard this album so many times already that it would be hard to get excited about it again. The Alive album in surround would be cool, but it would take a miracle for somebody to be able to clean up the sound. It is too mid-rangey and flat sounding I think. Or that is how I remember it at least.

I might be interested in a 5.1 standalone set, but sure ain’t going to shell out the $$ for a bunch of mass produced “paper goods.” Don’t get me wrong, I was ‘of the age’ when this was all going down and I was one of those kids with pictures of Kiss plastering every inch of their bedroom.

But I have heard this album so many times already that it would be hard to get excited about it again. The Alive album in surround would be cool, but it would take a miracle for somebody to be able to clean up the sound. It is too mid-rangey and flat sounding I think. Or that is how I remember it at least.
IMHO I would have loved them to do KISS ALIVE!! as their 1st SDE since in my opinion it is the best representation of themselves before they became SUPERSTARS in their own right!! I’m sure that with the technology that exists in this day and age, the sound quality could be very much enhanced and I’m pretty sure Eddie Kramer still has the masters to do the trick, even if someone else would remix/eq it. Eddie didn’t do an exemplary job with the Hendrix box set, so let someone else take the helm as they say. Enough said and May EVERYONE HERE AT QQ HAVE A HAPPY, HEALTHY & PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!! See you all on the other side😁

IMHO I would have loved them to do KISS ALIVE!! as their 1st SDE since in my opinion it is the best representation of themselves before they became SUPERSTARS in their own right!! I’m sure that with the technology that exists in this day and age, the sound quality could be very much enhanced and I’m pretty sure Eddie Kramer still has the masters to do the trick, even if someone else would remix/eq it. Eddie didn’t do an exemplary job with the Hendrix box set, so let someone else take the helm as they say. Enough said and May EVERYONE HERE AT QQ HAVE A HAPPY, HEALTHY & PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!! See you all on the other side😁

MM, I thought Eddie Kramer did a yeoman's job with the Jimi Hendrix Electric Ladyland set considering he had 4/8 tracks to work with and the price, IMO, a little over $40 was equally RAD!

Last edited:
I thought Eddie Kramer did a yeoman's job with the Jimi Hendrix Electric Ladyland set considering he had 4 tracks to work with

The liner notes indicate that only "Crosstown Traffic" and "All Along The Watchtower" were recorded on a 4-track machine. For the rest of the album, he had anywhere from 8 to 12 discrete tracks to work with. The 5.1 mix is definitely a bit unconventional with Jimi's vocals panned to all five channels and the drums positioned mostly in the rear speakers, but it fits with the psychedelic feel of the album.

MM, I thought Eddie Kramer did a yeoman's job with the Jimi Hendrix Electric Ladyland set considering he had 4 tracks to work with and the price, IMO, a little over $40 was equally RAD!
The price WAS RIGHT, but when you see what Steven Wilson did with Jethro Tull’s “This Was” that was also 4 Trac, then I would hand the tapes off to SW to remix it😁. That’s why I said what I said in the 1st place…😁

The liner notes indicate that only "Crosstown Traffic" and "All Along The Watchtower" were recorded on a 4-track machine. For the rest of the album, he had anywhere from 8 to 12 discrete tracks to work with. The 5.1 mix is definitely a bit unconventional with Jimi's vocals panned to all five channels and the drums positioned mostly in the rear speakers, but it fits with the psychedelic feel of the album.

You are correct Jonathan ..... Hendrix did record MOST tracks for Electric Ladyland on a Scully 1" 8 track Analogue Tape Machine which was installed at the newly built Record Plant in NYC. The 4 track sessions were recorded at London's Olympic Studios!

I agree with you on the point of the mix being PSYCHEDELIC, it certainly does fit the premise. But CROSSTOWN TRAFFIC & ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER which were the 2 major hits on the album could have been done much better to give them justice😁

Back