SPOTLIGHT Apple TV4k TIPS, TRICKS and TRAPS

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PS the apple 4k tv connects via HDMI so if u dont have newer oppo u could try one of those hdmi extractors to get signal/sound into AVR

Hi, I only have a 5.1 setup and non-ATMOS receiver.
What generation of Apple TV can I get away with for 5.1 apple music please?
Meaning can I buy a cheap 2nd gen box from ebay UK? What is the oldest gen I can get please?
Cheers

Issue w Atmos playback on Apple
No sound from left front speaker today...hmmm
Now WTF???
Play a disc system fine had to disconnect apple tv box turned it off n unplugged for about 10 min

Then it worked ok again...
Anyone else having issues similar???

Issue w Atmos playback on Apple
No sound from left front speaker today...hmmm
Now WTF???
Play a disc system fine had to disconnect apple tv box turned it off n unplugged for about 10 min

Then it worked ok again...
Anyone else having issues similar???
I am told that this was a bug that was introduced in a software update. Should be fixed if you update to tvOS 15.2.

Finally upgraded to an ATV 4K, so I can finally hear what you all have been hearing. How does one find Atmos mixes on Apple Music? Also, I read somewhere that if you already have the stereo track in your library, you will have to delete and re-add it to get the Atmos version. Is this true?

Finally upgraded to an ATV 4K, so I can finally hear what you all have been hearing. How does one find Atmos mixes on Apple Music? Also, I read somewhere that if you already have the stereo track in your library, you will have to delete and re-add it to get the Atmos version. Is this true?
Misterbee,
That is correct. You will need to delete it to get the lossless or multichannel version of a file.

Make sure you set the AppleTV up to support lossless music and Atmos first BEFORE doing that step.. See the second post in this thread for configuration options.

Since I’ve upgraded to 15.3 I started having a decoding issue. It playsback Atmos in 7.1 upon first turning on my system. I have to toggle in the ATV setting enable Dolby Atmos off and back on and it kicks back to Atmos. Kind of a pain

Since I’ve upgraded to 15.3 I started having a decoding issue. It playsback Atmos in 7.1 upon first turning on my system. I have to toggle in the ATV setting enable Dolby Atmos off and back on and it kicks back to Atmos. Kind of a pain
Does the display state Atmos when it plays 7.1?

Yeah on my HTP-1, i have to toggle Atmos on/off in AT4 settings to get Apple to send the correct codec. It wasn’t like this until the 15.3 update.

Back