Greetings from Canada!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bookofsaturdays

701 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Hi!
Longtime lurker on this site but finally decided to create an account. Been a music fan all my life, collecting vinyl, CD, etc. but recently took an interest in multichannel music at the tail end of 2019, just before I turned 19. This site and everyone who supports it has been an incredibly valuable resource for someone new to this amazing medium. After about 2 years of collecting, I can proudly say I’ve amassed over 100 surround titles (mostly mixed by Mr. Scheiner and Mr. Wilson, of course!) I can’t wait to start interacting with all the great people on here and hopefully start giving proper reviews of the titles I’ve been able to pick up. My setup is very modest (5.0 at the moment), but I’m very happy with the sound I’m able to get from it, considering I’ve pieced it together over time. I think I’ve rambled long enough, very excited to meet people who share a love for immersive music. Cheers!

Hi!
Longtime lurker on this site but finally decided to create an account. Been a music fan all my life, collecting vinyl, CD, etc. but recently took an interest in multichannel music at the tail end of 2019, just before I turned 19. This site and everyone who supports it has been an incredibly valuable resource for someone new to this amazing medium. After about 2 years of collecting, I can proudly say I’ve amassed over 100 surround titles (mostly mixed by Mr. Scheiner and Mr. Wilson, of course!) I can’t wait to start interacting with all the great people on here and hopefully start giving proper reviews of the titles I’ve been able to pick up. My setup is very modest (5.0 at the moment), but I’m very happy with the sound I’m able to get from it, considering I’ve pieced it together over time. I think I’ve rambled long enough, very excited to meet people who share a love for immersive music. Cheers!
Condolences on your wallet!

First and foremost, does your avatar have anything to do with the old Doom game?

Scheiner and Wilson, that's a very auspicious start 👏

Condolences on your wallet!

First and foremost, does your avatar have anything to do with the old Doom game?

Scheiner and Wilson, that's a very auspicious start 👏
Hey! It’s definitely all been worth it I can assure you. I’m a huge fan of the old Doom games, but the image was just something I had in my camera roll, I’ll probably change it eventually…

Be sure to add some from Mr. Clearmountain and Mr. Soord as well!
I own the ‘Where We Stood’ blu ray and I absolutely love it! As for Clearmountain I’d love to get my hands on the Avalon SACD but I’m not holding my breath on that one. Might look into getting some of The Band remixes he’s done but I hate that they’re locked in the big boxes. Nice to meet you!

Hi!
Welcome to the forums!

Hi!
Longtime lurker on this site but finally decided to create an account. Been a music fan all my life, collecting vinyl, CD, etc. but recently took an interest in multichannel music at the tail end of 2019, just before I turned 19.

Wow! Surrond goes millennials!
Welcome to the forum, since you've lurked for a while you already know there's a lot going on here. Don't be afraid to ask, we're in NOT for the money (Zappa pun intened) but for the fun.

I thought he was commenting on the photo I’m using. As for my username I confess myself a massive Crimhead. I own all of the CD/DVD-A sets of course and adore every single one of them. Cheers!
Of course I missed the "Avatar" bit, I thought he was asking about your name, oh well. Yea I have all the surround mixes also.

Wow! Surrond goes millennials!
Welcome to the forum, since you've lurked for a while you already know there's a lot going on here. Don't be afraid to ask, we're in NOT for the money (Zappa pun intened) but for the fun.
Thanks for the warm welcome! Lots of fun to be found on here.

Welcome to the institution. I'm impressed how deep you have already got into it!

A lot of the legends here have been battling multichannel formats since before I was born as well :)

My beloved AV Receiver - an Anthem MRX710 - is from your part of the world...

Have a good one!

Back