Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where is a View attachment 75533 when you really need one!

Encased in sumptuous white chocolate for the UK premier of DUNE in 4K! Mmmmmm!

See the source image

Betcha you can't eat JUST ONE!

Powerhouse / Indicator / Lime Wood Media (what exactly is the name of this company?!) are having a sale at the moment: 5 for £40

If you order more than 5, then you get the extras at the same price as the 5-for-40-squid.

I ordered a bunch last week and they arrived in NZ yesterday. Only a week all the way from the top of the planet!

Powerhouse / Indicator / Lime Wood Media (what exactly is the name of this company?!) are having a sale at the moment: 5 for £40

If you order more than 5, then you get the extras at the same price as the 5-for-40-squid.

I ordered a bunch last week and they arrived in NZ yesterday. Only a week all the way from the top of the planet!

They do have some wonderful titles and a lot are Region Free although my OPPO is all region. S/H to the states via Royal Mail will probably add considerably to the cost but a lot of the titles are LIMITED EDITIONS.

Thanks for sharing.

Fasten your seatbelts for HBO's Season TWO of EUPHORIA starring an amazing Zendaya [DUNE] and featuring a hyperactive DISCRETE DD 5.1 soundtrack. Subject matter is over the top and surely R rated but IMO, it's well worth the WILD RIDE. Interestingly enough, EUPHORIA is shot on KODAK film and not digitally!

R.548a628802c239adc3c93257707dd407

Last edited:
I am POSITIVE I go the idea to watch THIS from you guyses in here... the SURROUND ACTION is REAALLLLYYY AWESOME!!!! Much more than most movies...and I got ALL THREE of them!!! IS the Harry Potter set also this discrete?
92735_large.jpg

Dude, I ventured out into the pandemic ridden world to go see the latest Spiderman flick in 3D and it was DEFINITELY worth it!
Dr Strange is mostly the comic relief but still without getting cheesy.
It was a VERY swanky theater across the Mississippi and I sat in the last row to listen to the Surround audio...I am NOT an Atmos expert but I am a knowledgeable in Surround and it sounded as if the speakers on the rear wall were being used for the HEIGHT cause I heard nothing coming from the ceiling speakers and it sounded like all the action was going on on the front and center speakers...
I finally saw that the projector has TWO different projection lenses and I thought it was only for 3D but it was used for all of the content...here are some interesting pix:
IMG_0609.JPG

IMG_0604.JPG

Dude, I ventured out into the pandemic ridden world to go see the latest Spiderman flick in 3D and it was DEFINITELY worth it!
Dr Strange is mostly the comic relief but still without getting cheesy.
It was a VERY swanky theater across the Mississippi and I sat in the last row to listen to the Surround audio...I am NOT an Atmos expert but I am a knowledgeable in Surround and it sounded as if the speakers on the rear wall were being used for the HEIGHT cause I heard nothing coming from the ceiling speakers and it sounded like all the action was going on on the front and center speakers...
I finally saw that the projector has TWO different projection lenses and I thought it was only for 3D but it was used for all of the content...here are some interesting pix:
View attachment 75594
View attachment 75595

But KAP if you sat in the very last row you were literally sitting beneath the rear speakers so what you were probably hearing was the sound ONLY from the rears and the front. Had you sat in the SWEET SPOT ... probably midway, you might have also experienced the overhead ATMOS speakers as well. But glad you enjoyed the movie anyway, MOST especially in 3D.

Last edited:
Somehow after seeing the cover I don't care what the plot is...

For your viewing pleasure, Jeffie, Amazon Prime is streaming it for free [albeit with commercials] if you type SIRENS in their search engine.

edit: am currently watching it NOW......right up your alley, Jeffie .... plenty of NUDITY! The movie takes place in the Australian outback circa 1930!

Double Edit: IMO. a simply amazing film which looks incredible on my LG OLED TV ... and probably better than the BD~V remaster [if you read the review from the Digital bits!]

Last edited:
Also coming in April 2022 via Vision Imprint the four disc BD~V set of the 1973 cult classic THE WICKER MAN

The Wicker Man (Blu-ray Disc)

Robin Hardy’s The Wicker Man (1973 – limited to 2000 copies) – a 4-disc set featuring The Final Cut, the UK Theatrical Cut, a new HD presentation of the Director’s Cut (combining HD with SD for unavailable material), and the soundtrack CD, with extras to include a new audio commentary by BFI film historians Vic Pratt and Will Fowler, a new audio commentary by film critic and historian Kim Newman & author Sean Hogan, 5 new featurettes (Video Essay by Kat Ellinger, The Music of The Wickerman, The Golden Bough, Video Essay by Dr. Adam Scovell, and Interview by Musician Robert Reed), plus lots more legacy extras.

Fasten your seatbelts for HBO's Season TWO of EUPHORIA starring an amazing Zendaya [DUNE] and featuring a hyperactive DISCRETE DD 5.1 soundtrack. Subject matter is over the top and surely R rated but IMO, it's well worth the WILD RIDE. Interestingly enough, EUPHORIA is shot on KODAK film and not digitally!

R.548a628802c239adc3c93257707dd407

One of the best tv shows out there...by far.
Both the cinematography and directing are just bonkers!

Back