The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sheesh...miss one day posting and look at the quips and snark I missed out on!

A share with Mrs....True Anomaly (Houston, TX) "Vera" sour with marionberry and boisenberry. Really nicely done....when I ever get down that way again I'll grab another one or two of these.
True-Anomaly-Vera-Sour.jpg

Second Street "Agua Fria" pilsner......just what a pils ought to be...crisp, clear, light, easy drinking
Second-Street-Agua-Fria-Pilsner.jpg

Bow & Arrow "Paradox of Choice" hazy west coast IPA, version 2. Great brew...they took a good recipe and tweaked it to make it even better.
Bow-Arrow-Paradox-Choice-IPAv2.jpg

Ex Novo "Bonks per Hectoliter" hazy DIPA
Ex-Novo-Bonks-Per-Hectoliter-NEDIPA.jpg

I've been reading up on Kegerators as I had one years ago that a guy gave me after I fixed his. They say that there is a most noticeable improvement in taste of draft beer over bottles and cans.

I've been reading up on Kegerators as I had one years ago that a guy gave me after I fixed his. They say that there is a most noticeable improvement in taste of draft beer over bottles and cans.

Never had one nor had a chance to compare but what stops me is that Id be drinking that 'one beer' for quite awhile. Personally, I like a variety. Try new stuff.
....................though a keg of Hopslam would be nice.................( yes - there IS a mini keg of Hopslam that one can purchase ) !!

With a kegerator you get to control the CO2 so can dial it in for your preference.
They are pretty easy to build at a cheaper cost than buying.
We brew 6-7 gallon batches and then split into 1.75 gal kegs so the drinking the same thing for a long time doesnt occur.
You can also keep beers inside it to have additional selection at hand.

Although I am with cbmmm3. If you dont brew, a 5gal keg of a single beer would last too long and end up boring me.

Last edited:
a re-issue. Roak Brewing. Royal Oak MI now via Dark Horse Brewery in Marshall MI. ( Roak bought the Dark Horse assets ) . This one is Blow Your Face Out. A DIPA 10.5 percenter 100 IBUs . It was a fantastic beer. Now on this re-issue its a good beer. Too malty sweet all of a sudden and Oh, where did the dank go ? And the 100 IBUs has to be the rating of previous releases. No way this one is 100 Used to be a 9 on a 10. Ill go 7.5 here.

roakblowyourface.jpg

Last edited:
We've got a 2-tap kegerator that we use for the home-brew stuff and the occasional purchased keg. A friend also makes ciders and gives us 3 gallon kegs so we sometimes connect those if nothing else is on hand.

Did a short beer-run this afternoon while doing other shopping errands...no work today but did stop by to drop off food that I bought for Oni the cat. First ones in the queue are from Bow & Arrow:

"Bummin' Around the Badlands" bohemian pilsner v2022
Bow-Arrow-Bummin-Badlands2022-Pils.jpg

"We Ride At Dawn" hazy IPA with citra and enigma hops. Dang this one is good...juicy and smooth but still a good bite on the hop profile. I expect it'll get even better over the next few days as it's pretty freshly canned.
Bow-Arrow-We-Ride-At-Dawn-NEIPA.jpg

Bells Cold Hearted. Its a Cold IPA ( no not the temperature of my beer ! ) A Cold IPA is a crisper version of IPA, brewers create Cold IPA using Pilsner Malt and Lager Yeast. This beer is Dry-hopped with Centennial during a cold fermentation. 7 percenter. Tasty and Crisp ! 9 on 10 scale. Thanks Larry !

coldhearted.jpg

Bells Cold Hearted. Its a Cold IPA ( no not the temperature of my beer ! ) A Cold IPA is a crisper version of IPA, brewers create Cold IPA using Pilsner Malt and Lager Yeast. This beer is Dry-hopped with Centennial during a cold fermentation. 7 percenter. Tasty and Crisp ! 9 on 10 scale. Thanks Larry !

View attachment 75750

Our Ex Novo did one too, and it was really good, so crisp like a pils but with the happiness I love in an IPA. They didn't do a big enough batch to can it though and I only had one crowler.

We had "winter" this week here in the high desert. My area had about 2" snow Wednesday and that's enough to close down schools for Thursday. With two grandkids here I had to take Thursday off to look after them and I made up the time by going in to work for a full day today...and a good thing I did...crazy busy, and when I finally got home it was well past beer o'clock....

Over the course of pre-dinner chill, dinner, tv time, music time...

Bow & Arrow "Bummin' Around the Badlands" pilsner
Bow-Arrow-Bummin-Badlands-Pilsner.jpg

Bow & Arrow "We Ride At Dawn" hazy IPA
Bow-Arrow-We-Ride-NEIPA.jpg

Gravity Bound "Intangible Assets" hazy IPA
Gravity-Bound-Intangible-NEIPA.jpg

Gravity Bound "Lets Get Western" west coast DIPA
Gravity-Bound-Get-Western-DIPA.jpg

Our Ex Novo did one too, and it was really good, so crisp like a pils but with the happiness I love in an IPA. They didn't do a big enough batch to can it though and I only had one crowler.

this is a limited run by Bells also. I was able to get 3 bottles. And I now have 2 bottles left. Very tasty !!!!! Ill have to seek out more Cold IPAs

Back