Oppo BDP-83 Sound Output Issue

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You didn't state what firmware that you are on, but my BDP-95 had a similar issue when I upgraded to an OLED. Oppo has firmware updates to resolve this issue, but they are not listed on Oppo's support website, (don't ask me why makes no sense).

The last firmware for the BDP-83 is here and I believe that it fixes the no sound issue;
http://download.oppodigital.com/BDP83/BDP-83-60-1011_2.0.zip
that link takes me nowhere.

Still wondering if ALL the firmware updates to both my LG OLED TV and OPPO 205 {both hooked up via WiFi] screwed with my inability to play a great number of UHD4K discs but has no detriment to either BD~V 1080p nor 3D playback ....both still exceptional

Last edited:
Well, I don't know what to tell you, maybe try a different browser? Maybe copy/paste that URL?

If you google "BDP-83-60-1011_2.0" the earliest date shown on the web is May 30, 2018, much later than the November 26, 2014 date for the BDP83-60-1110 firmware listed on Oppo's BDP-83 support page.

Why Oppo does not list the firmware for the HDCP2.2/HDMI2.0 compatibility issue on that support page is beyond me, but they did the same thing for the BDP-93/95 HDCP2.2/HDMI2.0 compatibility firmware as well.

Well, I don't know what to tell you, maybe try a different browser? Maybe copy/paste that URL?

If you google "BDP-83-60-1011_2.0" the earliest date shown on the web is May 30, 2018, much later than the November 26, 2014 date for the BDP83-60-1110 firmware listed on Oppo's BDP-83 support page.

Why Oppo does not list the firmware for the HDCP2.2/HDMI2.0 compatibility issue on that support page is beyond me, but they did the same thing for the BDP-93/95 HDCP2.2/HDMI2.0 compatibility firmware as well.

I was also experiencing the same issue of not downloading using Chrome or Opera, but finally tried the Save Link As... in Chrome (or Saved Link Content As... in Opera) and was able to download the zip file. Now to try it on my 83 and see if it resolves my issue.

I was also experiencing the same issue of not downloading using Chrome or Opera, but finally tried the Save Link As... in Chrome (or Saved Link Content As... in Opera) and was able to download the zip file. Now to try it on my 83 and see if it resolves my issue.

This worked for me! Thank you for providing the link...I'm thrilled that I no longer have to remember to change the HDMI settings each time I want to listen to music!

I am running into another problem with my Oppo BDP-83 and hoping somewhere here can help me troubleshoot. I have my Oppo connected by HDMI to the DVD input on my Denon AVR-x3700h, which in turn is connected to my LG OLED TV by HDMI. Never had an issue before. Then last week in the process of connecting other components, I disconnected the HDMI from the Oppo to the Denon, mistakenly reconnected to a different HDMI input, then realized my mistake and reconnected back to the exact same DVD HDMI input I used previously, and now the Denon fails to recognize any sort of connection. I did not change any of the menu settings in either the Oppo or the Denon. In the course of my troubleshooting, I have tried the following:

1. Swapped out different HDMI cables, with the same result.
2. Connected the Oppo to other HDMI inputs on the Denon, and the Denon fails to recognize the Oppo there too.
3. Connected the Oppo directly to my TV, and that worked perfectly, so that means there is no problem with the Oppo's HDMI output.
4. Connected other sources to the Denon's DVD HDMI input, with no problem, so it is not a problem with a broken input on the Denon.

I can only conclude at this point it is a HDMI handshake issue but I am at a loss as to how to correct it, especially since it worked fine prior to this. I am really hoping that I do not have to factory reset both the Oppo and the Denon and start all over, so I am hoping someone here may have experience with these types of issues. Thanks!

(Note: I realize my issue is no longer a sound issue as the thread title implies, but thought I would piggyback on this thread rather than start a new one.)

I am running into another problem with my Oppo BDP-83 and hoping somewhere here can help me troubleshoot. I have my Oppo connected by HDMI to the DVD input on my Denon AVR-x3700h, which in turn is connected to my LG OLED TV by HDMI. Never had an issue before. Then last week in the process of connecting other components, I disconnected the HDMI from the Oppo to the Denon, mistakenly reconnected to a different HDMI input, then realized my mistake and reconnected back to the exact same DVD HDMI input I used previously, and now the Denon fails to recognize any sort of connection. I did not change any of the menu settings in either the Oppo or the Denon. In the course of my troubleshooting, I have tried the following:

1. Swapped out different HDMI cables, with the same result.
2. Connected the Oppo to other HDMI inputs on the Denon, and the Denon fails to recognize the Oppo there too.
3. Connected the Oppo directly to my TV, and that worked perfectly, so that means there is no problem with the Oppo's HDMI output.
4. Connected other sources to the Denon's DVD HDMI input, with no problem, so it is not a problem with a broken input on the Denon.

I can only conclude at this point it is a HDMI handshake issue but I am at a loss as to how to correct it, especially since it worked fine prior to this. I am really hoping that I do not have to factory reset both the Oppo and the Denon and start all over, so I am hoping someone here may have experience with these types of issues. Thanks!

(Note: I realize my issue is no longer a sound issue as the thread title implies, but thought I would piggyback on this thread rather than start a new one.)
I'm far from an expert, lol. Have you tried unplugging your AVR for a bit and plugging it back in? (power cord)

Unfortunately, unplugging the power cord on both the Oppo and the Denon did not solve the problem. It looks like I will have to do a factory reset on both and start over (after taking note of all the menu settings first). What a PITA.

Unfortunately, unplugging the power cord on both the Oppo and the Denon did not solve the problem. It looks like I will have to do a factory reset on both and start over (after taking note of all the menu settings first). What a PITA.
Just do one first. That may tell you which component is the culprit.

Back