Lindsey Buckingham in Dolby Atmos spatial audio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just trying the new Rumours Atmos and it feels like all new mixes and mastering and not a rehash of the 5.1? either way it sounds great and maybe better than i remember the DVD-A sounding!? definitely different panning and placement and maybe even different elements used on a few tracks, i was half expecting it to be the 5.1 plus some height stuff tbh! 🤯
I wondered myself as I listened. It did sound pretty good, but I didn't have time to compare it to the DVDA. The elements thing is intriguing. The DVDA used other elements as well, I wonder if those are changed back to the original in the Atmos mix.

The DVDA used other elements as well, I wonder if those are changed back to the original in the Atmos mix.

That appears to be the case, at least for the couple of songs I've checked out. The backing vocals in "Second Hand News" come in at the correct time during the second chorus, instead of early like on the DVD-A. "Never Going Back Again" is the original acoustic guitar-only version instead of the busier mix on the DVD-A with drums and pedal steel. I'm surprised WEA paid to have it remixed from scratch again.

That appears to be the case, at least for the couple of songs I've checked out. The backing vocals in "Second Hand News" come in at the correct time during the second chorus, instead of early like on the DVD-A. "Never Going Back Again" is the original acoustic guitar-only version instead of the busier mix on the DVD-A with drums and pedal steel. I'm surprised WEA paid to have it remixed from scratch again.
That's a welcome thing for me on NGBA. I liked the original. The tracks I played seemed to be mixed nicely for surround.

Back to discussing Lindsey Buckingham's new album in atmos... ;)
There is quite a bit going on in the rear and height speakers. Lots of vocal harmonies, delays, acoustic guitars, bells, etc.
Each listens improves for me. One odd thing is that the album was done in 2018 before his solo anthology, before he and FM parting ways. Curious on who or what prompted the new atmos mix. Buckingham played all instruments.
Good article, though more personal than about the music or production. Interesting how some of the lyrics have aged since 2018 even.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...fleetwood-mac-stevie-nicks-new-album-1221755/

Hey Fredblue, I just posted about the Rumours DVD-A—does the Atmos mix rebalance the lead vocals and maybe bring them out more/remove some of that added reverb?
Goshdarnit man, am I really going to have to pony up for this spatial streaming craze??🤑

oh hiya! 🤗 its definitely worth a try! its quite different from the DVD-A for sure!

Back