Coming mini "Black Box" Pre amp Master!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chucky3042

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Dear Surroundies

Dave the Bitch is currently deep into DSP land solving the mysteries of taking clicks, scratched and pops out of vinyl records and then adding a multi band DNL circuit for hiss removal if desired.

The Super Surround pre amp is still gunna happen but some of its features are being incorporated into this little monster designed to complement the good ol SM along with the coming 6 channel mini Hex amp. It will feature MM, MC, optical in/out, RCA in/ out and bluetooth. Will have renders next week

1633656005126.png

The price will be USD$699
I gaurantee its performance will be beyond the best there is!

Unbuffered RCA OUT ( why is it important to mention that)?

Kirk Bayne
The legend says "Linked Unbuffered". I think it's trying to say that those two outputs are simply paralleled up and are not isolated from each other.

Dear Surroundies

Dave the Bitch is currently deep into DSP land solving the mysteries of taking clicks, scratched and pops out of vinyl records and then adding a multi band DNL circuit for hiss removal if desired.

The Super Surround pre amp is still gunna happen but some of its features are being incorporated into this little monster designed to complement the good ol SM along with the coming 6 channel mini Hex amp. It will feature MM, MC, optical in/out, RCA in/ out and bluetooth. Will have renders next week

View attachment 72308

The price will be USD$699
I gaurantee its performance will be beyond the best there is!

Thank you Chucky, thank you Dave. Let us know when you're taking orders

This sounds interesting to me too....I am using vintage components and would like to modernize.

Will the built in declicker be as good as the unit Burwen made years ago and is there a function like the DBX SNR that removes background hissing noise?

Hey big dog and jefe1
I am personally hanging out for this unit to as I am rejiggling my personal hifi setup. Gunna have my Naka dragons in the rear, creating new 6 feet 8 electrostatics up front (3 transformers a side, powered by our new mini 6 channel Amp) and the new pre amp.

I am not familiar with the Burwen so i cannot compare, suffice to say in amongst a zillian interruptions Dave The Bitch is still defining the final schematic and has taken a break on the DSP software as he was "going strange" again. I hope around 3 months for the first working units.

Re hiss suppression it is tri band, dual slope DNL based and will be highly effective.

I have loaned my existing Rotel pre/main Amp to a mate for the last year and don't particularly want them back as I really want this stuff!!!!!

Hey big dog and jefe1
I am personally hanging out for this unit to as I am rejiggling my personal hifi setup. Gunna have my Naka dragons in the rear, creating new 6 feet 8 electrostatics up front (3 transformers a side, powered by our new mini 6 channel Amp) and the new pre amp.

I am not familiar with the Burwen so i cannot compare, suffice to say in amongst a zillian interruptions Dave The Bitch is still defining the final schematic and has taken a break on the DSP software as he was "going strange" again. I hope around 3 months for the first working units.

Re hiss suppression it is tri band, dual slope DNL based and will be highly effective.

I have loaned my existing Rotel pre/main Amp to a mate for the last year and don't particularly want them back as I really want this stuff!!!!!
We wouldn't want Dave to get even "more strange", now would we? :unsure:

That's what I'm currently using is an old Rotel pre-amp for my TT. Will try and hold out as best I can 😣

Back