Stuff that sounds amazing with the Surround Master

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Downloaded the Billie Myers album "Tea & Sympathy" and gave it a play in Involve 4.0 it does sound like it was meant to be Quad, lots going on in the rear speakers.

Then as I was listening to music on the NAS I decided to listen to some good old Blues-Rock so The Groundhogs "Split" (from the bandcamp download, which I got as I bought a new LP) again in Involve 4.0 and it sounded great, at one point the guitar went from left rear through the fronts to right rear then all the way back, most of the time it was drums across the rear, panned! with multi-tracked guitars and vocals and the rest in the fronts. Loved it! The Groundhogs were the first band I ever saw in the summer of 1974 just after my O level exams, so I was 16, and I have all their albums a few times over on multiple formats - always wanted them in surround.

Pretty fun album through the SM...one that just makes you smile as you listen.

20220226_003509.jpg

Whoever
Interesting comment!

Whoever it was who bought Mike the Surround Master, Thank you! Mike's enthusiasm for the SM will pique the interest of quad enthusiasts who either didn't know about the SM, or took a "wait and see" attitude toward it. I'm now eagerly awaiting my second SM. Both of my systems will then be complete!

Back