2022 SURROUND RELEASES

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone mentioned these from Dutton? I don't recall any chatter about these 3 specifically.

1646830366548.png

(y) Your first post on QQ
@Klaus Rosenthal ?
Welcome to the QQ forum
Hello, and thanks! Yep, first post, but I have been lurking around for a year now. I actually made this account to vote on the two Booka Shade polls that were also my introduction to this forum, so that's quite serendipitous :D

Arjen just (unofficially) announced remixes for the Universal Migrator albums in September, presumably including surround:
Thank you all so much for your kind birthday wishes, much appreciated! 62 years, damn…

Anyway, I’m busy remixing the Universal Migrator albums right now (for a re-release in September) and it’s sounding so much better than the original! I’m also hatching a cunning plan for a new band: ‘Arjen Lucassen Federation’. More soon!

21D48230-7A4F-4F12-843C-A7AA38F3230D.jpeg

I saw Subornick at the U of Maryland six or seven years ago. He autographed my three quad LPs and mentioned the videos that had surround sound, and I bought them used.

Lots of fun sounds (hard to call it “music” but still cool to listen to).

Arjen just (unofficially) announced remixes for the Universal Migrator albums in September, presumably including surround:
I'm glad I did a quick search for this before creating a new thread. But maybe it should have one anyway. I received an email from Arjen this morning in which as an aside he mentions the Universal Migrator release. It seem he'll answer just about any question. Unfortunately his replay does not provide hope for better surround mixes from other progressive groups.

1650025662154.png

Ahead of the band's anticipated eighth studio album, Zeit, Rammstein present a unique listening experience in cinemas worldwide. Fans will be able to experience the album in full in Dolby ATMOS the day before the album's official release, comprising music videos and specially commissioned visuals to complement each new song.
ramm.jpg

It would be a crime not to include this on the CD+BD version, right?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Phew, it turns out that there's NO blu-ray version eventually, hence no Atmos or 5.1 😵
The Special Edition CD is now advertised as "Blu-Ray– sized" and that was probably the reason why I was reading more into this release than I should. So sorry.
Weird, when I click on your uDiscovermusic link, it says "Format: CD + Blu-Ray". So, it's just a single CD in that edition?

Yeah, I'd say we can be 99 % sure now.
I've used the link to see when/if they change the description, as all other places seem to claim one disc/CD.
well this is some poor ass, ball-busting marketing.

So they show 2 CD editions; are they charging $8 for (supposedly +BluRay) the booklet?

At one place I saw the wording say: BluRay format.

color me RED :confused:

https://store.udiscovermusic.com/*/*/ZEIT-CD-Digipack/7CWS0000000
https://store.udiscovermusic.com/*/*/ZEIT-Special-Edition-CD-BluRay/7CWQ0000000

Back