Santana - III Sony Japan Quad SACD (Release date: November 24th, 2021)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, this might be a great time to get that next Santana (or other) SACD 7 inch release (if my thinking is right on this :unsure:); I just saw a financial report that the Japanese Yen is at a 7 year low compared to the US dollar-see the 5 year chart below, been dropping like a rock in the last year (looks like about a 13% drop from the high)...

JY2USD5YR.JPG

Man, this might be a great time to get that next Santana (or other) SACD 7 inch release (if my thinking is right on this :unsure:); I just saw a financial report that the Japanese Yen is at a 7 year low compared to the US dollar-see the 5 year chart below, been dropping like a rock in the last year (looks like about a 13% drop from the high)...

View attachment 77396
They need to speed the releases of Caravanserai and Welcome!

View attachment 77396

Well yeah. I said this on the previous page.

View attachment 77396

I'm such a cheapskate that I'm still waiting for them to restore the standard (non-DHL) shipping option.

Listening now finally I can say I think that the sound quality is really wonderful on this disc. A nice clarity here, master tapes in great condition, and interesting separation of everything in the mix. I need to listen some more before voting. But the music and sound quality are both very high grades thus far.

Did SANTANA III run out of stock, as in completely sold out? So they would be running off another pressing batch? I thought I'd heard some rumblings on this.

BTW, are there any other Japanese 7" SACDs that are sold out and all gone now?

Did SANTANA III run out of stock, as in completely sold out? So they would be running off another pressing batch? I thought I'd heard some rumblings on this.

BTW, are there any other Japanese 7" SACDs that are sold out and all gone now?
Both Billy Joel titles are out of print. As far as I know, these releases do not get repressed. They're a one shot deal / you snooze, you lose affair.

Back