No more DVD-Audios from HTT

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surroundophile

Surroundophile
Since 2002/2003
Received an email from HTT as follows:
"
DVD AUDIO DISCS AVAILABILITY NOTICE
We will stop selling DVD Audio discs on April 6th
Due to the scarcity of the software to produce the discs
and the players to playback the discs, we have found that the few new generation players that play DVD-A discs back cannot playback the discs we produce. Please keep this in mind for your upcoming purchases of physical discs."

Although they never made any DVDAs for their multichannel recordings, they did do stereo ones.

"
and the players to playback the discs, we have found that the few new generation players that play DVD-A discs back cannot playback the discs we produce. Please keep this in mind for your upcoming purchases of physical discs."

Although they never made any DVDAs for their multichannel recordings, they did do stereo ones.
Figured this would happen. Ran into this issue myself, and it has now become easier to author and listen to SACD and Blu-ray than DVD-Audio.

What a world we live in, huh?

"

I just placed my order with HDTT for 9 192/24 DVD~A Stereo discs across a broad spectrum of music .... mostly transferred from 15 ips stereo tapes. I always buy the budget editions [no cases] and put them in slimline cd cases. Only $9 each, NO tax and minimum s/h via media mail.

I must say the quality has always been top notch. I have the classic John Coltrane/Johnny Hartman recording which was transferred from a 15 ips tape and it sounds better than the UMG Stereo SACD.....REALLY.

Sad to see DVD~A being phased out.

The END of another ERA!

Really looking forward to this one from 15 ips

And an obscure classic from EMI

edit: just ordered this. I had a $10 credit in HDTT bonus points. This 192/24 DVD~A was mastered from the ORIGINAL three channel MASTER TAPES

Last edited:
One of my absolute favorites from HDTT in discrete QUAD on BD~A 192/24 ..... now sadly OOP. Would make a great QUAD SACD from Dutton EPOCH!

The National Philharmonic Orchestra & Bernard Herrmann

Just ordered another 12 192/24 Stereo DVD~As from HDTT...have to get rid of those HDTT bonus points. Been playing their discs all morning/afternoon and they really sound SENSATIONAL!

From 15ips Tapes recorded by VERVE

DITTO

From 15ips tapes from Prestige Records

Last edited:
Im going to order a few too.
Thanks for spending my money for me 4ears.

It's always a pleasure, Jeffie .... but not to sound like a freakin' AD for HDTT ..... they really are exceptional buys. I have to get rid of another $10 in HDTT bonus points ........ and TODAY IS THE CUT OFF DATE for DVD~A replication from our friends in Canada!

You might want to consider this one ... the samples sound exceptional and it is available from IMPEX Records as a Stereo SACD for 30 bucks. For $9, a great buy and NO sales tax!

https://www.highdeftapetransfers.ca...avis-legrand-jazz?_pos=1&_sid=a0a6556ef&_ss=r

Last edited:
I dont know of a way to search for dvda titles on their website

Could you offer us a quick list of must buy dvdas 4 ears? Ive already earmarked the Stokowski and coltrane Harmon discs although I prefer coltrane without vocals..

I dont know of a way to search for dvda titles on their website

Could you offer us a quick list of must buy dvdas 4 ears? Ive already earmarked the Stokowski and coltrane Harmon discs although I prefer coltrane without vocals..

What you have to do is search for JAZZ/POP titles, press on the title and when the title appears there's a check list you scroll down to format preference. [under ORDER A DOWNLOAD or PHYSICAL DISC] Those $9 DVD~As are called BUDGET with no cases......ordering them with the Case/liner notes,etc. doubles the price.

As for titles, let me think! I have well over 100 of them!

Here's a Coltrane title from 15 ips Tapes [no vocals]

https://www.highdeftapetransfers.ca...e-pace-pure-dsd?_pos=442&_sid=b4c6535ed&_ss=r

Oh so budget discs come without the liner notes?
Ok
I will definitely get a couple

Dont you think their dvda inventory will be sold off and show up somewhere even cheaper?

Oh so budget discs come without the liner notes?
Ok
I will definitely get a couple

Dont you think their dvda inventory will be sold off and show up somewhere even cheaper?

I believe they make those DVD~As on demand as they offer so many different formats. They might have a few that were returned, etc. but to play it safe and for $9 + no tax and minimum s/h charges, I wouldn't take that chance.

I just ordered two more and maxed out my bonus points with HDTT .... they were $6 each, delivered!

From 15ips tapes [ARGO Records]

Last edited:
Hey thanks

You are correct asking about my preferences. I am all over the map. Discovering Quad opened me up to musical genres I never would have looked at in stereo.
Where we part ways are probably musicals. And most of what I hear today as popular music I dont care for.
Well Ill buy a few and move on.

Hey thanks

You are correct asking about my preferences. I am all over the map. Discovering Quad opened me up to musical genres I never would have looked at in stereo.
Where we part ways are probably musicals. And most of what I hear today as popular music I dont care for.
Well Ill buy a few and move on.

Join the club on musical preferences ...I am likewise all over the map and ditto that surround music has indeed presented a lot of great music previously unheard. As for Broadway musicals, I'm an hour from Broadway so the allure is indeed enticing. I just wish D~V would give us HAIR in QUAD!

Ok for everyone
It was obvious but you can print the liner notes or save them off the website.
The back covers print too big though...

Back