Elton John in Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I love the insights into Penny's process--and hearing about the time and care and deliberation and the overall musical understanding that go into his decisions. The intro is also refreshingly honest, without being judgy or denigrating, about the different listening options that go under the name of "Atmos." This is a really great intro for naifs & habitués alike.

Last edited:
This is less about the Atmos mixes and more about the Diamonds collection, but am I the only one who thinks it's super weird that there are no tracks from Made In England on this thing? And where is "Can You Feel The Love Tonight"?

EDIT: SUPER weird, I had to do a bunch of steps to get "Believe" to show up in this album for me. No idea what happened when I first added it to my Library.

Last edited:
Thanks Fred. Turns out I was also missing "Mama Can't Buy You Love." So three songs failed to add to my library when I added Diamonds. I have corrected this and will now run listen to them in Atmos!

Sadly, I cannot listen to the Elton Lion King songs right now. A good friend, whom I was Disney Cast Members with in my young days, recently passed away. And when I put on Circle of Life I cried, so... we're putting those songs (and probably all the other Disney music I love) away for a while.

But I will listen to them in Atmos someday!

Anyone else missing the two Disney tracks on Tidal?
Not sure if it's a regional thing or if they're not on Tidal at all?

Not sure if it's a regional thing or if they're not on Tidal at all?

Yes. I think I commented here a while back about it. Did anyone figure out exactly which tracks are missing compared to the Apple track list?

NO, I don't/won't use Tidal and never will. As long as they continue their support of MQA an its rip off of todays audiophile with claims of improved sound quality from it's lossy compression, I'll have nothing to do with them.

NO, I don't/won't use Tidal and never will. As long as they continue their support of MQA an its rip off of todays audiophile with claims of improved sound quality from it's lossy compression, I'll have nothing to do with them.

How many more times are you going to post the exact same off topic garbage? Has zero to do with the question. We get it.

That's true, I'm no fan of snake oil either.
Unfortunately, Tidal is the only way to download the Atmos files to my hard drive, I'm sort of anal that way 😅

Yes. I think I commented here a while back about it. Did anyone figure out exactly which tracks are missing compared to the Apple track list?
The answer's in my question :) It's the two Disney (The Lion King) tracks.

That's true, I'm no fan of snake oil either.
Unfortunately, Tidal is the only way to download the Atmos files to my hard drive, I'm sort of anal that way 😅

Tidal seamlessly bridges my local two channel collection too, using Logitech Media Server and SqueezeliteX.

I called out LeeS over at SHF many years ago for his MQA shilling articles. Thankfully I don't see him there anymore. However, this particular thread is about Atmos and Elton which has ZERO correlation with MQA.

I called out LeeS over at SHF many years ago for his MQA shilling articles. Thankfully I don't see him there anymore. However, this particular thread is about Atmos and Elton which has ZERO correlation with MQA.
You can't separate the poison from that Koolaid.
Only Tidal can do that

Back