The QQ pet & critters thread...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something a little different. A couple of almost 60 year old black and white photos I took with my brand new Imperial Satellite camera right around New Years of 1963. Our cat Caesar who was a rescue cat my mother got where she worked. There was a mother cat with kittens and all the kittens and mother were eventually rescued.

The first is Caesar "posing" on the back steps of our house. The second is one I titled "Rounding the Corner" with his tail straight up.

Caesar.jpg

Caesar2.jpg

Doug

Many people normally think that, when a cat, maybe especially a stray cat, is overly affectionate to humans they encounter, purring, trilling, meowing, and ramming their heads into things, it just means they want food and put on their act to get some.

I have seen videos on YT where cats are going nuts with all that and, when offered food, the cat doesn't really want it or looks particularly underfed. What say you now, cynical cat dislikers out there?

:D

Doug

Had a scare last couple days. My beloved Lamar fell jumping on our bed and landed on his rear end on hard floor. That was last Saturday. Yesterday, he started acting weird. Lots of howling and walking backwards. I was devastated. I thought today he was better, but suddenly he got weird again and got himself in a corner and cried and cried. Took him to vet. He broke his tail, close to his rear. No other internal issues. Wow!!! I’m so relieved, but feel so sorry for him. His tail simply hangs down. He got an anti inflammatory shot and pain pills.

Poor Lamar. I see he actually has very similar markings to what Caesar (in my post above) had with white on his paws, bib, and around on his snout. Also a very ringed tail!

Did the Vet say he will be fine and his tail will heal on its own?

Doug

Had a scare last couple days. My beloved Lamar fell jumping on our bed and landed on his rear end on hard floor. That was last Saturday. Yesterday, he started acting weird. Lots of howling and walking backwards. I was devastated. I thought today he was better, but suddenly he got weird again and got himself in a corner and cried and cried. Took him to vet. He broke his tail, close to his rear. No other internal issues. Wow!!! I’m so relieved, but feel so sorry for him. His tail simply hangs down. He got an anti inflammatory shot and pain pills.

So sorry to hear about Lamar. I hope he heels up soon.

Love that name, btw!

Here is a stray that I feed, sleeps all day on my porch, is gone all night and is back the next morning. I’m a afraid she might be pregnant. Kind of has a hard swollen lower stomach. I’m allergic to cats, certainly can’t have one in the apartment. We must have at least five strays within the complex. Lot of fights going on.
D87F39DA-02FD-4F1A-88E2-C12E58334E57.jpeg

GOS so sorry to hear about Lamar. It’s always scary when you have a sick or injured pet. I hope Lamar recovers soon.
Here’s a photo of our boy Griffin who turned 2 years old on May 1st.
Griffin thinks every box that shows up at the house is his.
5719852F-F312-4D1E-8008-227DC9266534.jpeg

Here is a stray that I feed, sleeps all day on my porch, is gone all night and is back the next morning. I’m a afraid she might be pregnant. Kind of has a hard swollen lower stomach. I’m allergic to cats, certainly can’t have one in the apartment. We must have at least five strays within the complex. Lot of fights going on.View attachment 78587

I'm certainly not going to try to talk you into adopting this stray, RJ, but I do want to make a quick comment. I was seriously allergic to cats, amongst many other things. I live in Houston and the pollen is awful in February. I would have an allergy attack, get a sinus infection, it would move into my chest, and I would get bronchitis. Then my lungs would get infected. I would take antibiotics, which killed all the good bacteria, so I would get an infection in my colon. This would happen at least once a year. I just thought I got a bad cold. My doctor guessed that it might be allergies. He gave me a script for azelastine and told me to get some flonase and do the nasal sprays twice a day. Not only did I not get sick, but when my ex and I moved in together I no longer got allergy attacks from her cat. I loved her too much to ask her to give up her cat, and I grew to love Cupcake (in the pic above) even though she has that calico mentality.

Anyway, this is just for those who might go through a similar thing with allergies. I had no issues with Cupcake OR Sushi after starting those nasal sprays.

Back