Here it is: the JCQS-440 A.F.V. also known as the Wurlyscope.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to be anal retentive... but I had to count how many per stack....

10, 10, 9 and 6.... I couldn't count the others.

Ay! Why not 10 per stack... or something like that? I mean, keep them all even...

Not to be anal retentive... but I had to count how many per stack....

10, 10, 9 and 6.... I couldn't count the others.

Ay! Why not 10 per stack... or something like that? I mean, keep them all even...
Because i did a quick photo. No time for board staging! :p

At last i received the little patch pcbs for the comparators pcbs.:cool:

No i will not make nice equal stacks :D

Attachments

• IMG_4546.jpeg
    IMG_4546.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 26
At last i received the little patch pcbs for the comparators pcbs.:cool:

No i will not make nice equal stacks :D

I'm in the middle of ripping the Monk TV series DVDs.

Ay! I sure hope at the very least you wiped those boards clean. And the light, the light! is not even. OMG.

WAIT!!! The boards are different colors! So, if I ever open the box, I will be seeing a bunch of PC boards of different colors? I'll have to glue it shut or I will likely have a heart attack a la Monk.

Can I choose which board(s) I get? Can you please make sure they are disinfected? :oops:

Note: I really need to stop watching Monk.

Last edited:
It seems I remember a similar patch/fix for the Space and Image Composer. You are in good company...
What S&IC patch fix? There could have been one to convert from the National DES chip to the Exar (Tate II) chip, but I've never actually seen one! The patch board is a much neater solution than simply cutting traces and running jumpers!

I have to greatly admire all the design and fabrication work that has gone into this project!

Ay! I sure hope at the very least you wiped those boards clean. And the light, the light! is not even. OMG.

WAIT!!! The boards are different colors! So, if I ever open the box, I will be seeing a bunch of PC boards of different colors? I'll have to glue it shut or I will likely have a heart attack a la Monk.

Can I choose which board(s) I get? Can you please make sure they are disinfected? :oops:

If you watch that show long enough you start to emulate his mannerisms. Not that I would know anything about that though.....🙂.

What S&IC patch fix? There could have been one to convert from the National DES chip to the Exar (Tate II) chip, but I've never actually seen one! The patch board is a much neater solution than simply cutting traces and running jumpers!

I have to greatly admire all the design and fabrication work that has gone into this project!
Thank you, i really spend a lot of time on this project and i want to make sure these unit will be up to expectations.
Making a patch is much cheaper than having 60 10 x 9 cm board scrapped and make new ones.
But i keep the fabrications files updated if i ever need to make more mk-XX ... :cool:

Yes there will be a rainbow of coloured boards inside. I should write on the back of each unit: Warning! Unicorn stuff inside! 🦄
warranty voided if unicorn escape... :LOL:

Good news!
The pcb patches are working great!
Here some pictures of a dual comparator module assy and a dual amplifier module assy.
These will be the one for the SN301 mk-III

Tests show that these comparator modules which replace the LM3915 used in the mk-I have a frequency response
well above 100khz for a fast blazing display.

I received all my gold plated connectors !!! :LB

Note: i had to do some modifications to the circuits on the left side on the white amplifier modules to improve stability of the rectifiers.

Attachments

• IMG_4552.jpeg
    IMG_4552.jpeg
    214.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4553.jpeg
    IMG_4553.jpeg
    224.4 KB · Views: 31
Good news!
The pcb patches are working great!
Here some pictures of a dual comparator module assy and a dual amplifier module assy.
These will be the one for the SN301 mk-III

Tests show that these comparator modules which replace the LM3915 used in the mk-I have a frequency response
well above 100khz for a fast blazing display.

I received all my gold plated connectors !!! :LB

Note: i had to do some modifications to the circuits on the left side on the white amplifier modules to improve stability of the rectifiers.

Hmm... vous etes Canadien!!

Are these boards metric?

How come the writing on the boards is uniquement en anglais?

1649911470976.png

Are them unicorns from Quebec or Alberta?

Nice job, BTW.

Last edited:
Hmm... vous etes Canadien!!

Are these boards metric?

How come the writing on the boards is uniquement en anglais?

View attachment 77880

Are them unicorns from Quebec or Alberta?

Nice job, BTW.
Yes Canadian.
Yes they are metric just like in the army.
Yes english for simplicity because the softwares, datasheets and most technical stuff are all in english.
Further more the French (from France) are often changing the technical words so much that i'm never sure
about what they are talking about. o_O No offence intended, it's just the way it is.
I love French everywhere else do.:)

Ah yes Cluzo was funny when speaking french!
For me i think Louis DeFunez was even funnier when he tried to speak english. I'm sorry ma lorde butt: vraiment? :)

Hi All!
just a little post to show you the scope of this project: 60 comparator boards (patched) or should i said "bridged".
All completed except for the last 13 boards on the left hand. I'm still waiting for the ICs to complete them.
I will take a 3 day vacation and resume next monday.
:)

Attachments

• IMG_4562.jpeg
    IMG_4562.jpeg
    284.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4557.jpeg
    IMG_4557.jpeg
    484.5 KB · Views: 28
I finally did it!
Here is the first "real" demo video of the first mk-III unit.
i'm still waiting for the cabinets... If it takes too long i might change my mind and have my cabinets made elsewhere...
Today i bought a tinted 3mm plexiglass sheet to make the windows myself.
The highly reflective clear leds where difficult to film in ambiant light without anti-glare window.
Maybe tomorrow...
The grey buttons can be changed for the colour of your choice: Grey, Black, White, Yellow, Green, Blue, Red and Purple.
But for now, let's watch this quick video!
:51QQ

Last edited:
Back