Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night I had the extreme pleasure of watching THE GREEN KNIGHT in Native UHD4K. Dev Patel did an extraordinary job of bringing a lesser known 14th Century Medieval character to life as the nephew of King Arthur, Gawain, son of sorceress Morgan le Faye and his journey which can only be described as pure David Lynchian in nature to combat the Green Knight on Christmas day to prove his honor and worth as a future knight of the round table.

The cinematography, production design and performances all merit very high marks and another feather in the cap for A24 Films which continues to bring must see films like Hereditary, Midsommar, the Witch et alia to mainstream cinema!

24290_4_large.jpg

24290_2_large.jpg

Last edited:
I have some goodies from Kino coming, both those Clint's along with the final season of Gomorrah and The Immortal. Early June is going to be a great time for watching stuff

Are you sure that one is 4K and not just a blu-ray?
Description in link says it's 4K...or it sort of does. Maybe I don't understand the wording...

48 Hrs. was shot by cinematographer Ric Waite on 35 mm film with Panavision Panaflex cameras and Panavision lenses, finished photochemically, and presented in the aspect ratio of 1.85:1. The film comes to Blu-ray for a second time as #19 in the Paramount Presents line from a new 4K transfer

Description in link says it's 4K...or it sort of does. Maybe I don't understand the wording...

48 Hrs. was shot by cinematographer Ric Waite on 35 mm film with Panavision Panaflex cameras and Panavision lenses, finished photochemically, and presented in the aspect ratio of 1.85:1. The film comes to Blu-ray for a second time as #19 in the Paramount Presents line from a new 4K transfer
That sounds like a standard Blu-ray to me.

Are you sure that one is 4K and not just a blu-ray?

AFAIK, the ONLY PARAMOUNT PRESENTS title that will be released in true Native UHD4K IS THE MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Man-Who-Shot-Liberty-Valance-4K-Blu-ray/309155/

48 HRS. is a 1080p BD~V remastered in 4K! I know, what a waste.

Last edited:
Another superb production from director Richard Fleischer [20,000 Leagues Under The Sea] exquisitely photographed in the actual Fjords of Norway by the great cinematographer Jack Cardiff with an all star cast. The soundtrack is in MONO but Kino Lorber has managed to release an extraordinary remaster from the original 3 strip TECHNICOLOR negatives! Another VERY HIGH RECOMMENDATION!

61nrSlNaJIL.jpg

Back