All YES Steven Wilson BR Expanded Editions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to buy all the SW mixes of Yes albums but cannot listen to that whiny voice for more than 10 seconds at a time, even although the music is great I cannot get past it, sorry Jon lovers!

I agree that "Circus of Heaven" is not the highlight of the 70s. HOWEVER, it was during this time that YES reached the pinnacle of perfection in stage performances. During this time, from my point of view (note I am a Yes fan), there was no band that even came close to the perfection of the five musicians in their live performances. It was also the time when Yes took the first places in all categories vocals/guitar/keyboard/bass/drums and nobody came close to them except the former members of the band like Bill Bruford or Patrick Moraz.
You could also hear that if you were lucky enough to attend one of the concerts from 77-79.
When you heard "Circus of Heaven" in concert it was an experience because the atmosphere in those concerts had something "magical". After the concerts in London in 1978, there was a quietness in the exits, people had just experienced something great and it still resonated in them.
Just a note here...there is a great soundboard bootleg of the Tormato tour, from somewhere in Canada, I believe. Certainly one of the highest-fidelity bootlegs I've ever heard. If anyone would like a copy, PM me.

And yes, I saw them in concert, they weren't improved.

There is always someone who sees it differently and that's good! Would otherwise be boring if you would only listen to the other hundreds of thousands of visitors of the tours 77-79 who say that these were the best concerts of Yes.

I would love to buy all the SW mixes of Yes albums but cannot listen to that whiny voice for more than 10 seconds at a time, even although the music is great I cannot get past it, sorry Jon lovers!
So buy all the blu-ray versions, they come with instrumental mixes, albeit stereo. Why deny yourself?

OT- Are you sure you're not confusing Yes with Rush? Geddy Lee, just a hard no. Not so much whiny as inexplicable. WTH, folks. 'Take off to the great white north' -- his one performance that I will voluntarily endure. Now ask me about Styx... or not.

So buy all the blu-ray versions, they come with instrumental mixes, albeit stereo. Why deny yourself?

OT- Are you sure you're not confusing Yes with Rush? Geddy Lee, just a hard no. Not so much whiny as inexplicable. WTH, folks. 'Take off to the great white north' -- his one performance that I will voluntarily endure. Now ask me about Styx... or not.

No, not mixing up yes with rush, i can handle geddy’s vocals although i went off rush in the 80’s when they left rock behind.
I have numerous albums with instrumental versions and have never listened to one, if a song has vocals on it i need to listen to them

Hi everyone...following up on my note about the Yes bootleg from the Tormato tour, after listening to it again closely in my sonic holography system, I need to amend my assessment of it.

It is probably the best live recording ever made of Yes.

Hi everyone...following up on my note about the Yes bootleg from the Tormato tour, after listening to it again closely in my sonic holography system, I need to amend my assessment of it.

Oh, I am going to have to find a way to hear that! Back then, I went to every Yes show whenever they were anywhere near Los Angeles. Some of the tracks made it onto the live compilation, “And the Word is Live”. The Big Medley still gives me chills….

Can you identify which show this is? Could it be Quebec City (4/18/79)?

You are a sad excuse for a music critic with no frontal lobe. But please, if you will, enjoy the Charismatic Voice to perhaps understand your failings….

Agreed! Geddy Lee and the lead singer of Supertramp IMHO whiniest voices in rock history. I'd love me some Rush music if only Jon Anderson would sing the lead vocals:ROFLMAO::SB

Blasphemy. When Rush inducted Yes into the RnR Hall of Fame, it wasn’t because Jon was better. It was due to mutual respect and admiration. Both acts reign supreme. And dissing Supertramp? You’ve just pissed off all of France! ;)

When I bought the Rush tribute album "Working Man" many years ago, I was shocked how vocals from singers with (supposedly) better voices just didn't sound right. While he may not have had what most people would consider a great voice, Geddy made those songs his own, and IMO no one has made them sound better.

You are a sad excuse for a music critic with no frontal lobe. But please, if you will, enjoy the Charismatic Voice to perhaps understand your failings….

Thanks for posting! I was unaware that she had critiqued some Rush material. I have seen her videos of Dio with Sabbath and Ian with Jethro Tull. She is easy on the eye, as well!

Thanks for posting! I was unaware that she had critiqued some Rush material. I have seen her videos of Dio with Sabbath and Ian with Jethro Tull. She is easy on the eye, as well!
The Spirit of Radio one is pure joy. It was her first time listening to Rush, and her innocent enthusiasm is so compelling.

Plus, she knows what she is talking about!

Madscot, I hear that Jon Anderson, Axl Rose and Geddy Lee want to form a barbershop quartet and are looking for a fourth person to round out the group.
:sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

Madscot, I hear that Jon Anderson, Axl Rose and Geddy Lee want to form a barbershop quartet and are looking for a fourth person to round out the group.
:sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
Based on another comment in this thread, I think Roger Hodgson, the co-lead singer of Supertramp, would make a fine addition to this quartet! But the trio could easily make it on their own and sing "The Lollipop Guild" as their first cover. ;)

Back