Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sheryl Crow - Sheryl: Music From The Feature Documentary

View attachment 78645

A pretty cool greatest hits compilation. Not listened to it all but seems pretty good. The bongos in the heights on Everyday Is A Winding Road intro sound great. I feel like I'm being patted on the top of my head by giant invisible hands... ☺

"Few contemporary artists have contributed to the American songbook like Sheryl Crow, the Grammy-winning superstar behind hits like “Soak Up the Sun” and “All I Wanna Do”. A Showtime documentary, Sheryl, seeks to chart that impact, shining a well-deserved spotlight on Crow’s remarkable career. The comprehensive double album Sheryl: Music from the Feature Documentary soundtracks the film, compiling 35 songs that, particularly when considered together, paint an impressive portrait of Crow’s multi-decade career, one that shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon. All the hits are here, as well as some of Crow’s best-loved collaborations, with artists like Stevie Nicks, Maren Morris, Jason Isbell, and more."

Apple Music - Sheryl: Music From The Feature Documentary by Sheryl Crow
Tidal - https://tidal.com/browse/album/227815721

Really Atmos Demo Level Mix.

You find both immersive and discrete.

Great full use of the Wide Speakers in my 9.1.4 system. This is one of the few mixes that don't seem to have pre-fixed 7.1.4 channels like some Disney movies.
You get a very good wide stage (immersive) and in many cases discrete instruments from the Wides only.
Some songs have a "stereo" sound (voice) with the front+wides, thus getting a very good and wide immersive stereo. I would think Atmos objects meets their goal, instead of tying objects to bed speaker channels.

Main vocal is always in the front, but NOT isolated in the Central Speaker. You get full wide stereo vocal sound. Except some final songs were main vocals come from above or the sides.

It really deserves a Blu-ray Hi-res edition.

You're right - out of the 35 songs The Difficult Kind (Live) and Prove You Wrong are lossless only on Apple.

Tidal shows Atmos label for each song from the set, but can't confirm that as I'm not a subscriber.

All songs are in Atmos in TIDAL, including the two you mention above.

Booka Shade - Movements

1280x1280-24.jpg

I've only just sampled a little bit to check out the mix, which is fantastic. 👌 Another great Atmos mix from Fritz Hilpert. Looking forward to getting the blu ray, Amazon have said mine's slightly delayed for another week. The lossless version will be worth the wait.:cool:

Apple Music - Movements by Booka Shade
Tidal - TBC

Booka Shade - Movements

View attachment 78697

I've only just sampled a little bit to check out the mix, which is fantastic. 👌 Another great Atmos mix from Fritz Hilpert. Looking forward to getting the blu ray, Amazon have said mine's slightly delayed for another week. The lossless version will be worth the wait.:cool:

Tidal - TBC
Blu Ray arrived Friday. Fritz never fails.

I ordered this earlier today after reading these posts. After listening to it on Apple Music I cancelled my order. Good mix, but boring music without vocals. The two other BD's I have are way better.
Fair enough, I do agree some vocals would be great. Galvany Street is much better musically. I think every song on that one is at least good. I still think Movements is good.

Booka Shade - Movements

View attachment 78697

Tidal - TBC
Agree on the mix. Demo quality in terms of both the mix and the sound quality (even with lossy streaming). This style of music, with its many synth sounds and percussive beats, lends itself to Atmos perfectly. I may just have to get this blu-ray.

(Edited: "lossy" not "lossless" streaming)

Last edited:
The Velvet Underground and Nico added today to Apple Music. On second song, mainly echo and reverb on the rears. Why do they take the effort to do any shitty mixes like this?

Back