Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

Great album but not much surround action, still, it’s better than stereo

Indeed, there are isolated rhythm guitars in the rear speakers throughout "Lonely No More" that sound great cranked up. If not for the dynamically-crushed front channels, this would be a great release.

ah there you go, confirmation i'm not (totally) barking! 🥴😆

is there any salvaging the Fronts or are they beyond repair?

I always have my rears 4 db’s higher 😳, how much should I whack them up for this one?

sorry i don't remember, i haven't played it for ages, i will get my copy out and check. i think it may need more than that, maybe another few dB?

edit: an alternative, if the Rears can't go any higher and the mix still feels Front-heavy, may be to lower other channels, in this case that possibly means lowering only the Front Mains by a few dB?

sorry i don't remember, i haven't played it for ages, i will get my copy out and check. i think it may need more than that, maybe another few dB?

edit: an alternative, if the Rears can't go any higher and the mix still feels Front-heavy, may be to lower other channels, in this case that possibly means lowering only the Front Mains by a few dB?
Okay, thanks

Back