Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
188E1865-EF92-41A5-AD49-2E2B8F680C4E.jpeg
The Band - Live At Watkins Glen

Decent live album, unadorned and real.
Considering it comes from a massive outdoor show the sound is pretty good.
According to what I read on line, very little of this is actually from the Watkins Glen show.

a prog rock 'go to' for me for many years. Doing a bit of reading today, many are calling this one of the top prog albums in the past 10 years. A concept album about the spiral into and out of reality. Highly recommended album. Go buy a copy

edisonschildren.jpg

Somewhere/Foxy Lady (live) Hendrix CD single
Dance Fever - Florence + Machine
Give Me Strength CD 3 Eric Clapton EC Was Here & related (part 1)
Help Me Rhonda (New Lovers) - Johnny Rivers UK CD
Woodstock II 2 CD from MoFi 4 silver CD box "Soundz" - Hendrix
One of the few of these they sold. Reputedly, most wound up in a landfill.
Despite the indexing being all horsed up, a nice set and an early CD.

Somewhere/Foxy Lady (live) Hendrix CD single
Dance Fever - Florence + Machine
Give Me Strength CD 3 Eric Clapton EC Was Here & related (part 1)
Help Me Rhonda (New Lovers) - Johnny Rivers UK CD
Woodstock II 2 CD from MoFi 4 silver CD box "Soundz" - Hendrix
One of the few of these they sold. Reputedly, most wound up in a landfill.
Despite the indexing being all horsed up, a nice set and an early CD.

Is the new F+TM album out already?
She really lost me on the last release, will take some convincing before I buy the new one.

Any Joni Mitchell performance is bound to be special, but when the band includes Pat Metheny, Lyle Mays, Jaco Pastorius, Michael Brecker, and Don Alias......yowza! Very jealous of anybody who got to see this band in person.

20220516_174437.jpg

Last edited:
Don Byron A FINE LINE [Arias and Lieder] [Blue Note] A most unusual jazz/classical outing from clarinetist Don Byron with guest vocalists Patricia O'Callaghan, Cassandra Wilson, Mark Ledford and Dean Bowman

See the source image

I see Mofi finally released Mark Knopfler- Local Hero on SACD. Anybody had a chance to hear this? It looks like Elusive Disc has the best price I could find, $33.79 ( with shipping, not including tax)
View attachment 78908
I'll be interested to read what others think about this MFSL release. I've been a little disappointed with a few of MFSL's "remastered" CDs, specifically Spirit "The Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus" and Alan Parsons Project "Tales of Mystery and Imagination". Both to me sound a little dull lacking in the high-end, and heavy on the bass.

Last edited:
Back