Coming mini "Black Box" Pre amp Master!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear All

Just for a bit of fun and because the really clever bits of the new mini pre amp are kept in the DSP software, I have decided to share with you guys the FIRST CUT schematic that Dave the Bitch has been working on (he is on sanity leave for a week).

The front panel schematic has not been put to CAD but its just a bunch of pots and switches, the interesting stuff is in the main board circuitry. Please be tolerant that Dave always draws his schematics in a tedious, hard to read and put mentally together hierarchical style - I personally like one big connected diagram!!

Its probably full of stuff ups and general brain farts but it gives you guys a sniff that this is not just a toy!

Have fun copying it, if you can you deserve it!

Attachments

• SM-PREAMP-BOTTOM.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 175
Just as evidence that occasionally Dave the Bitch focuses away from his distractions, here is the PROVISIONAL component layout of the main board of the preamp......enjoy:

1652418363229.png

Got bored on a Monday night.

Incidentally that is audiophile-grade blutac holding the connector in there.

~D

Any estimate on how far out you are on a finished box? Iā€™m eager for one of these!

I found you particularly attractive here D, the night lighting must be a good look for you; and hurrahs, no exploding or even smoke. Looks like the chap on your shelf had been in a previous test run though; using that for inspiration are we?

Got bored on a Monday night.

Incidentally that is audiophile-grade blutac holding the connector in there.

~D

Its just about 10pm on Monday 16 May in the UK, and I'm bored so I watched it! :ROFLMAO:

I like the audiophile blu-tac, I take it that it helps stop the vibration of those devilish electrons hopping between states emitting unwanted light, BTW I can sell you some more at Ā£10000 per pack :devilish:

Any estimate on how far out you are on a finished box? Iā€™m eager for one of these!

I found you particularly attractive here D, the night lighting must be a good look for you; and hurrahs, no exploding or even smoke. Looks like the chap on your shelf had been in a previous test run though; using that for inspiration are we?

Why thank you - I had my makeup done by "Woken repeatedly during the night" - I find it adds a pleasing shadow to the eye sockets.

To steal a quote from video game development "when it's done" - I imagine we're about two weeks from getting the main board sent to prototype, top boards, interfacing with a bluetooth provider, all the strippers and cocaine definitely get in the way. Beyond that, a month of tweaks and re-prototyping, a bunch of software development and r+d HOPEFULLY in the interim while the boards are getting made, boxes, manuals - if I had to guess I think an actual retail release is probably 4-6 months away, but there may well be pre-final-production versions for sale before that (as is with the amplifier at the moment).*

All that is assuming I don't get too many interruptions, right Chucky?

Anyway, just my two penneth.

*The views and opinions expressed are of the individual and not the company, and no legal discourse will be entered into. (I'm probably right though.)

Why thank you - I had my makeup done by "Woken repeatedly during the night" - I find it adds a pleasing shadow to the eye sockets.

To steal a quote from video game development "when it's done" - I imagine we're about two weeks from getting the main board sent to prototype, top boards, interfacing with a bluetooth provider, all the strippers and cocaine definitely get in the way. Beyond that, a month of tweaks and re-prototyping, a bunch of software development and r+d HOPEFULLY in the interim while the boards are getting made, boxes, manuals - if I had to guess I think an actual retail release is probably 4-6 months away, but there may well be pre-final-production versions for sale before that (as is with the amplifier at the moment).*

All that is assuming I don't get too many interruptions, right Chucky?

Anyway, just my two penneth.

*The views and opinions expressed are of the individual and not the company, and no legal discourse will be entered into. (I'm probably right though.)
Complete bollocks, Bitch creates his own distractions

Last edited:
Complete bollocks, Bitch creates hisvown distractions

Sure, and then work after hours on things like component testing. Meanwhile since Easter, apart from the design I've also had:

Hosting the AES
Transaction bookkeeping
Website upkeep
Sales and shipping
Repairs /Returns /Replacements
Meetings with SEO experts
Consulting with local distributors on listening spaces
Alternate parts sourcing (thanks covid)
Meeting with potential content and listening space partners for.......well, that one's a secret actually, as it might not bear fruit.

To name a few - but apart from that, not many distractions.

~Bitch

Sure, and then work after hours on things like component testing. Meanwhile since Easter, apart from the design I've also had:

Hosting the AES
Transaction bookkeeping
Website upkeep
Sales and shipping
Repairs /Returns /Replacements
Meetings with SEO experts
Consulting with local distributors on listening spaces
Alternate parts sourcing (thanks covid)
Meeting with potential content and listening space partners for.......well, that one's a secret actually, as it might not bear fruit.

To name a few - but apart from that, not many distractions.

~Bitch
Blah blah, dont bore me with your dreary details, you know i am a big picture kinda guy

@chucky3042 works himself so hard, his damn knees and ticker have to make regular trips to the hospital. Just think if Overture put that kind of effort into the preamp....
Its a problem with the younger generation, the young punk is around 21 years my junior. Bastard still does not respect my age. (quietly all my injuries are doing crazy shit outside work but dont tell him)

@chucky3042 works himself so hard, his damn knees and ticker have to make regular trips to the hospital. Just think if Overture put that kind of effort into the preamp....
After nut cancer, back surgery, and starting to lose my hair and go gray at age 27, I defy anyone to tell me I'm not putting that kind of effort in.......

Back