Robert Fripp "Washington Square Church: Live 1981" CD/DVD-V set including hi-res surround mix (DGM UK) 4/29/2022

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5.1 4 Life

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Recorded in New York City between July & August 1981, these are perhaps the finest example of Frippertronics in performance.

The music played explores every sonic avenue available to Robert Fripp as a guitar player - mesmerising loops, overlaid with beautiful solos, fast running ‘Frame by Frame’ style lines against a looped background, powerful ‘Scary Monsters’ type guitar noises and more besides.

Mixed and Produced by David Singleton from audio restored by Alex R. Mundy, the DVD features the material in 24/48 hi-res stereo and DTS-HD Surround Sound (quad, 4.1).

CD/DVD in digipak with slipcase.

Tracklist
1. Washington Square I
2. Washington Square II
3. Washington Square III
4. Washington Square IV
5. Washington Square V
6. Washington Square VI
7. Washington Square VII
8. Washington Square VIII
9. Washington Square IX
10. Washington Square X
11. Washington Square XI

Amazon USA
Amazon.com

Amazon Canada
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B09TNFKJ23/?tag=imwanca-20

Amazon UK
Washington Square Church by Robert Fripp, Robert Fripp: Amazon.co.uk: CDs & Vinyl

I have fond memories of seeing Fripp perform Frippertronics a couple of times in NYC in the early '80s. Maybe it was this run of shows, but not 100% sure. Really looking forward to hearing this!

I was an avid concert bootlegger at the time, with my portable cassette recorders. The Sony Walkman D6 was kinda amazing! At the one Frippertronics performance that I recorded (almost) I must have been spotted by someone, and a big security guy came up to me mid-show, he looked at my deck (half-hidden), waggled his finger and said very quietly "Give me the tape". I complied! He turned and walked away. My heart was pounding, but I was happy to be able to stay for the show :)

... At the one Frippertronics performance that I recorded (almost) I must have been spotted by someone, and a big security guy came up to me mid-show, he looked at my deck (half-hidden), waggled his finger and said very quietly "Give me the tape". I complied! He turned and walked away... :)
Given he employs the security, now we know how and from whom Fripp got all those KC live recordings. :p

I attended one of the shows, Sunday afternoon if I remember correctly. Fripp announced at the beginning that he wouldn’t tolerate any recording and he would promptly walk out if anyone did. He finally beat the boots by releasing everything himself.

Back