The SDE Surround Sound Series (Updated list of titles with links in post #1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as Paul has me blocked, I can't like or retweet it :rolleyes:

Somebody on another forum suggested that he should collaborate with Alan Parsons to get the surround mix of his new album From the New World onto a Blu-Ray. (Frontiers famously only has a budget for DVD 5.1, as was the case with The Secret back in 2019.) But given that there is the CD/DVD edition, I'm not sure he could wave the "exclusive" tag around as much as with the releases so far.

I just wish UMG on their own would reignite their BD~A 'launch' and do it right this time by putting someone in charge who really knows what they're doing and rally their artists to consider releasing their albums, old and new in 5.1 or ATMOS.

Trickling out one album at a time will only create a ripple and we are desperately in need of an AVALANCHE!

Yeah, in some cases to RENT not OWN. Here today ... gone tomorrow. Besides, physical discs usually sound better! Or am I making that up?
Physical discs definitely sound better. And will continue to do so as long as surround streaming is using lossy sources.

But labels couldn’t care less about fidelity. And neither do most consumers (and many of those who think they do actually think bad fidelity sounds good and vice versa). The labels simply want to do away with the “OWN” model and are quickly doing so with surround music. And they clearly have no issue foregoing the, frankly, small amounts of money they’re leaving on the table to push consumers to the rental model.

Has anybody received the Gilbert O' Sullivan BD? I was expecting that one before the xPropaganda disc which arrived a couple days ago.

Back