What concert are you watching? (ALL Formats, DVD-V, BD..maybe LDs too)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I wasn't at the Dead show(s) (I believe they played 3 nights in a row), I was there a month earlier to see Metallica and The Cult, supporting the ...And Justice For All album.

Good times.
Reminds me (again) how I blew my chance to see Grateful Dead when they played at Dallas Memorial Auditorium on November 24 1972. I had a career change and was working at a graphic arts house in downtown Dallas, right across the street from Memorial Auditorium. But then I wasn't a big fan. When I heard the name "Grateful Dead" I thought "Casey Jones" and "Truckin' " and wasn't particularly interested. Could have simply walked across Young Street and down Griffin Street about a half a block to the show!

I DID do that July 2 1971 when Jethro Tull played with special guest Yes. Headed to a record store the next day and bought The Yes Album.

I slowly became a Grateful Dead fan listening to the weekly Lone Star Dead show on local community supported radio KNON-FM 89.3. That show has been on every Friday night since 1983 and still is! They stream live if anyone's interested but they do have some rather eclectic stuff on the air the rest of the time.

Last edited:
1653761858574.jpeg

Doobie Brothers - Live at Wolf Trap on blu ray in 5.1

Great album. How 'surroundy' is the live Blu-ray?
Well, it's mostly 'big stereo' with songs taken from different venues on the tour, making it sort of hit or miss quality wise. And though it's thin sounding in the bass department, it's certainly more than listenable. Audio options are stereo, DD5.1 and DTS-MA5.1. The latter is the best version obviously, but stereo has the best bass IMO. Man, you got your money's worth to watch this guy play live, he's brimming over with soul.

Well, it's mostly 'big stereo' with songs taken from different venues on the tour, making it sort of hit or miss quality wise. And though it's thin sounding in the bass department, it's certainly more than listenable. Audio options are stereo, DD5.1 and DTS-MA5.1. The latter is the best version obviously, but stereo has the best bass IMO. Man, you got your money's worth to watch this guy play live, he's brimming over with soul.
Saw him Live a couple of times in the mid-70s (post '74) truly brilliant.

I Thought that 10 times was enough, I am going to watch the Budokan Blu-Ray of 2017.

This concert is spectacular. The lineup of guest singers is the bomb. Steven Tyler really impressed me, too. Sure, he's some screaming (mostly) hard rock singer, but he really shines in this. It's so sweet that his parents are in the audience, too. Sting and Josh Groban do a striking duet, not to mention the stuff they sang on their own. YoYo Ma, Kathrine McPhee, John Mayer. Truly a star-studded event. And, of course, not to mention the amazing trumpet skills of Botti. Over 2 hours of immense talent.
botti.jpg

This concert is spectacular. The lineup of guest singers is the bomb. Steven Tyler really impressed me, too. Sure, he's some screaming (mostly) hard rock singer, but he really shines in this. It's so sweet that his parents are in the audience, too. Sting and Josh Groban do a striking duet, not to mention the stuff they sang on their own. YoYo Ma, Kathrine McPhee, John Mayer. Truly a star-studded event. And, of course, not to mention the amazing trumpet skills of Botti. Over 2 hours of immense talent.
View attachment 79776
I acquired this recently and love it. What a killer band he has. The drummer impressed me with his skill and showmanship. And fantastic sound quality.

1654743111395.jpeg

Live from Abbey Road - Best of Season One
Performances from the likes of; David Gilmour, Damien Rice, Josh Groban, John Mayer, Dr. John, Norah Jones, Craig David, Goo Goo Dolls and many more. On blu ray in 5.1

View attachment 79980
Live from Abbey Road - Best of Season One
Performances from the likes of; David Gilmour, Damien Rice, Josh Groban, John Mayer, Dr. John, Norah Jones, Craig David, Goo Goo Dolls and many more. On blu ray in 5.1
Watched a lot of those on UK's Channel 4, never knew the BD existed! Not available in the UK, BD was a USA release only. Looks OOP anyway.

Watched a lot of those on UK's Channel 4, never knew the BD existed! Not available in the UK, BD was a USA release only. Looks OOP anyway.
Yeah agreed, looks OOP with the prices I'm seeing. I actually bought it for the Gilmour set, but it's all good. Great A/V as well if you ever find one.

Finally getting around to the Peter Green tribute concert, in Atmos. Not much going on outside of the great three channel front mix, but overall it’s a blast of a show with a ton of great guests (clearly happy to be there and having a ball) and tight pacing thanks to the editing; and it sure sounds fabulous.

90F4CE6B-7E20-4FE0-AFE4-7269647E5BB1.jpeg

Back