Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coming July 19th from CRITERION FILMS [Native UHD4K/HDR10/Dolby Vision/DTS~HD MA 5.1]

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Devil-in-a-Blue-Dress-4K-Blu-ray/315395/#Review
Devil in a Blue Dress (The Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray]

Pete, wonder how those Criterion Native UHD4K discs are selling? Criterion's upcoming release schedule does NOT include any Native UHD4K discs. Hmmm!

Maybe they'll sell better when Barnes & Noble has their semi annual 50% off sale!.
Yes, hope so. Dang Criterion's prices are high compared to EVERYONE else!

Yeah the Criterion prices make Arrow look downright cheap. Nothing yet a must have for me so no big, but when they get to some Kurosawa I will have to consider when and where to buy them.
Great call. The older i get, the more i'm drawn to Shakespeare's King Lear. I have always cherished my Criterion DVD of Kurosawa's adaptation
1654925113250.png
Click
HERE for R A N dvd review
Just before last Thanksgiving, i picked up the Lionsgate 4K Steelbook Best Buy Exclusive, and your post inspired me to watch it tonight!
1654925723783.png

Absolutely gorgeous! Overwhelmingly profound–the culmination of a career of artistry and grace. A combination of beauty and horror . . . so moving. And the DTS-HD Master Audio does justice to the sound design: at turns subtle, powerful, discrete, overpowering . . . damn! A brilliant experience! So glad you reminded me of this! And, because the U.S. 4K release is basically bare bones (a feature on the restoration is the only bonus), still i cherish my Criterion dvd.
https://hd-report.com/reviews/ran-1985-4k-blu-ray-review/

Last edited:
Aye, the Criterion Ran is a jewel. It took me a few years to run down a new copy once it went out of print.
I have the BR that replaced it but meh.
The 4k though, I really enjoyed. The color pallette in the battles enhances them quite a bit.

Am watching the newly released Native UHD4K remaster of Tobe Hooper's sci fi epic LIFEFORCE from Scream Factory and can report it's a magnificent uptick in visuals over the previously released BD~V, Collector's edition. Henry Mancini's score sounds simply stunning with great use of the surround channels for a wholly immersive experience. I don't have ATMOS but can only imagine how amazing it sounds.

Highly Recommended for fans of the film.

Am reluctant to watch the included 1080p extended 116 minute version as in all the years I've owned this film in various formats, SCREAM FACTORY has finally done this film FULL JUSTICE!

Last edited:
Back