Apple's Dolby Audio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sal1950

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
https://immersiveaudioalbum.com/202...399885624&mc_cid=77ab3c1aaa&mc_eid=82bb60037d
Probably nothing new to most members here but I thought I'd just put something up about the "Dolby Audio" tag Apple's using for much of it's surround media now being streamed. I'm listening to Poco's 1973 Crazy Eyes album right now and having a gas. Considering it's age and everything, the sound quality is great. They are streaming the original quad mix, that's apparently not been messed with in any way. My Marantz pre/pro reports a 5.1 stream at 48k but the center channel is totally silent. ;)
I was never an Apple guy, the Apple TV 4k box is the first thing Apple I've ever owned, but I got to tip my hat to their multich streaming program, which IMO is being done just right. No volume leveling, no MQA, just no BS that I'm aware of. The multich catalog looks to be swamping the other guys and for the most part I have no real complains as to what they are offering.
Thanks Apple, less than 2 years ago I would have never dreamed we'd have something like this.
Now if only they'd dump that PITA POS user interface and get something more like Spotify I'd be over the moon.
YMMV

Always love it when someone posts about Dolby Audio and it is followed up with an unrelated post about Dolby Atmos.

https://immersiveaudioalbum.com/202...399885624&mc_cid=77ab3c1aaa&mc_eid=82bb60037d
Probably nothing new to most members here but I thought I'd just put something up about the "Dolby Audio" tag Apple's using for much of it's surround media now being streamed. I'm listening to Poco's 1973 Crazy Eyes album right now and having a gas. Considering it's age and everything, the sound quality is great. They are streaming the original quad mix, that's apparently not been messed with in any way. My Marantz pre/pro reports a 5.1 stream at 48k but the center channel is totally silent. ;)
I was never an Apple guy, the Apple TV 4k box is the first thing Apple I've ever owned, but I got to tip my hat to their multich streaming program, which IMO is being done just right. No volume leveling, no MQA, just no BS that I'm aware of. The multich catalog looks to be swamping the other guys and for the most part I have no real complains as to what they are offering.
Thanks Apple, less than 2 years ago I would have never dreamed we'd have something like this.
Now if only they'd dump that PITA POS user interface and get something more like Spotify I'd be over the moon.
YMMV
Your Post sounds like the beginning of the end of QuadraphonicQuad as we know it and have grown to love. 😪🤧

Care to elaborate?
lotr-ring.gif

Your Post sounds like the beginning of the end of QuadraphonicQuad as we know it and have grown to love.
Care to elaborate?
Yes please, that is the last thing we would want.
I know that a lot of the members here are collectors of classic quad gear and it's media but the streamers are in no way endangering their passion. They have been carrying the quadraphonic music flag for a couple decades here and I don't see that changing any time soon. Thanks OG gentlemen and ladies, you've done a great job. ;)

I was only thinking out loud. Hopefully, there will still be media for consumers to purchase in the future. If it becomes all streaming, it will become pretty boring for those that like to own their own music that is stored on physical media (I’m not specifically talking about music stored on one’s hard drive). And, I will find a forum that only talks about the latest and greatest music on any streaming platform alone not very interesting.

Back