Tears For Fears first new album since 2004... The Tipping Point!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully mine shows up in the mail today, I’ve got a good feeling considering someone on here in Canada has already gotten theirs. I’ve sampled the Apple Music version a few times now and am overjoyed with the activeness of the mix.
Mine showed up today and was in perfect shape. My first copy ordered 3 months ago was lost in the mail. SDE credited me so today’s trip to the mail box was a pleasant surprise!
E91F4B9C-D9CB-4DF4-868D-0DFB4CB9E20A.jpeg

Mine showed up today and was in perfect shape. My first copy ordered 3 months ago was lost in the mail. SDE credited me so today’s trip to the mail box was a pleasant surprise!View attachment 80514
Well I’m glad your original order got sorted out at least, mine arrived today as well :D Listening to the 5.1 right now, the sonics are gorgeous even on my modest system!

5C95038C-B866-472B-B4B6-CF0479305712.jpeg

Steven Wilson comments on the album and Atmos mix:
The Tipping Point is a great album. It’s wonderfully, quintessentially Tears for Fears, but it’s also a record that could only have been made now. The songs are great. The production is great. Roland Orzabal still has an amazing voice.

They actually made this record twice. The first time, in 2017, their management had placed them with contemporary pop writers to try and come up with contemporary pop songs. They made that record, listened back to it, and realized they hated it, and that it wasn’t them. They felt compromised and dirty—all those things you feel when you’ve done something for the wrong reasons. They took two songs from that batch and put them on a compilation, instead.

They then went back to square one and started working on a record from scratch. This time, they said to themselves “Let’s do it our way. Let’s not listen to any of these managers and go back to how we used to write records when we started.” And I think they did a fantastic job. It was an honor to be involved in the Atmos mix.

Atmos is perfect for spatial audio and immersive sound. Tears for Fears have all these layers of sound design, electronics, and sequences, which are ideal for the process. It’s great fun to do that in surround, because the regular rules don’t apply. With a typical rock band, you’ve got to keep the drums and bass together. And you have to keep the rhythm guitars with the drums and bass. But on The Tipping Point, there are so many layers to it. It’s one of those records which stereo is almost not big enough to contain it.

I remember saying something similar when I worked on the surround mix of King Crimson’s Lizard. Until the surround mix existed, you never could really hear that record properly. I think that’s largely true of Tears for Fears, as well. In a way, even though they didn’t know it, they were kind of making music for surround sound. I think that the new album is a great example of that.

Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2022 release from the band Tears For Fears entitled "The Tipping Point", their first new studio album since 2004!
The album was mixed in both 5.1 surround and Dolby Atmos by Steven Wilson and sold as an exclusive Blu-Ray Audio disc via superdeluxeedition.com and their web store.
Limited to 2000 copies, the Blu-Ray Audio disc is now sold out. However, the Dolby Atmos mix is available to stream via all Dolby Atmos streaming providers.
https://music.apple.com/us/album/the-tipping-point/1586912660
(y) :) (n)

600_pack_label_bg.jpg

(front and back scans of the blu-ray audio disc will follow at a later date)
I can't post an opinion, wish I could! Pure Audio is a for profit business, why not release a 3rd issue and make some easy money?

I prefer physical copy rather than streaming...I don't have any of those services anyway. Sometimes there someone here who has an extra one to sell and of course eBay. Is there any other secondary markets I may not know about?

I prefer physical copy rather than streaming...I don't have any of those services anyway. Sometimes there someone here who has an extra one to sell and of course eBay. Is there any other secondary markets I may not know about?
there are copies being sold on discogs but the prices are pretty steep

Thanks everyone for your help! I liked that discogs but the site looked confusing and so for about the same or a little more I decided to go the easy way out and went to eBay.

From Amazon, I also just ordered Kiss Destroyer 45th Anniversary Super Deluxe (Steven Wilson Atmos mix) and his new album Closure / Continuation with his own Atmos mix.

I guess you can say I'm really treating myself this Christmas!

Thanks everyone for your help! I liked that discogs but the site looked confusing and so for about the same or a little more I decided to go the easy way out and went to eBay.

From Amazon, I also just ordered Kiss Destroyer 45th Anniversary Super Deluxe (Steven Wilson Atmos mix) and his new album Closure / Continuation with his own Atmos mix.

I was going to say... on the secondary market you almost have to justify it as a Christmas gift to make the price go down a little easier.

This was one of my albums of year. Hope you enjoy it. And not a bad add with Destroyer and PT.

For future reference, you just search for the artist (Tears For Fears), look for the recording in the discography (The Tipping Point), then find the version you're looking for (in this case there were 2 pressings of the Blu-ray), and then click on the "x for sale at $xx.xx".

Or you could just search: "Tears For Fears The Tipping Point" and combine steps 1&2.

Last edited:
For future reference, you just search for the artist Tears For Fears), look for the recording in the discography (The Tipping Point), then find the version you're looking for (in this case there were 2 pressings of the Blu-ray), and then click on the "x for sale at $xx.xx".

Or you could just search: "Tears For Fears The Tipping Point" and combine steps 1&2.
I usually just copy and paste the UPC number (most are listed in Ebay descriptions) in Discogs (or Amazon, Alibris, etc) search engine which usually narrows it down quite a bit.

Back