Porcupine Tree - Closure / Continuation (5.1/Dolby Atmos) 24-Jun-2022

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gavin must be stretched a little thin these days between TPT & PT?

Like Tim alluded to, it's hard to keep up with everything in today's world... and it's a major time suck for me just keeping up with email. I've not kept up with even this thread very well either.
But how did I not know Wilson got married?

That SW has a peculiar personality, or as some say a personality disorder I think goes without saying. Maybe that is what drives his artistic accomplishments.
We all have our quirks, I certainly don't hold his against him when it comes to listening to his music.
I actually try not to read much about how band members get on each other's nerves and infighting, it's sort of expected when you have to be around each other 24/7 on tour and all the polite facades drop.

Gavin must be stretched a little thin these days between TPT & PT?

Like Tim alluded to, it's hard to keep up with everything in today's world... and it's a major time suck for me just keeping up with email. I've not kept up with even this thread very well either.
But how did I not know Wilson got married?

That SW has a peculiar personality, or as some say a personality disorder I think goes without saying. Maybe that is what drives his artistic accomplishments.
We all have our quirks, I certainly don't hold his against him when it comes to listening to his music.
I actually try not to read much about how band members get on each other's nerves and infighting, it's sort of expected when you have to be around each other 24/7 on tour and all the polite facades drop.
Gavin is also a member of King crimson these days so is stretched further than you think lol

I ordered my deluxe set from DeepDiscount. Cheapest option for me. I’ve gotten no shipping notification yet unless I’m missing it, probably not gonna be getting it until next week at the earliest.

I just received an email from the PT store with this message:

Due to stock delivery delays resulting from supply issues, your order has not yet been dispatched. We anticipate that the stock will arrive at our facility early w/c June 27th, and orders will be processed as quickly as possible.

Lame.

My Deluxe Boxset appears to be on it's way! No notification but I logged on to the Porcupine Tree store (Townsend Music) where I ordered from, there was a tracking link to the Post Office which said " We've got it, it's on it's way". Townsend Music are in Burnley, 4 hours away from me so it might be with me by the morning, here's hoping.

Edit: and just as I post this message the 'shipped' email arrives in my inbox!

Tonight when I was already in bed, at 01:50, a mobile message from the Bank saying a charge has been rejected because an old credit card.
I got up and went to the PC to verify if it was some fraudulent charge attempt.

Sleepy, I found out it was the pre-ordered PT C/C at Amazon.de and as it was a long time before I have changed the bank credit card. I updated the payment method at amazon.de and hope it will not be delayed for this reason. Still not delivered.

I already listened to the whole enchilada (in stereo) and I really liked it. It sounds different, yet with PT's trademark sound. Way more collaborative, as it has been discussed in interviews. I would dare to say that vocally SW is more free, singing in tunes that we didnt hear him much doing in previous PT, highs and lows. Harrison just shines.
I can't wait to listen to this in Atmos!

My Deluxe Boxset appears to be on it's way! No notification but I logged on to the Porcupine Tree store (Townsend Music) where I ordered from, there was a tracking link to the Post Office which said " We've got it, it's on it's way". Townsend Music are in Burnley, 4 hours away from me so it might be with me by the morning, here's hoping.

Edit: and just as I post this message the 'shipped' email arrives in my inbox!
Mines being sent from Burningshed, Sven.
Hopefully they will be here tomorrow.
I say they....as I did a Gos...
Ordered it when announced, then forgot I had, ordered another one recently.
Not to worry, my brother has an unexpected Xmas pressie!! :D

Since my retirement, I've many time wondered how I ever got anything done when I was still working? ;)

Looks like I’ll just be streaming the Atmos downmix for my first listen, but I’m not too upset about it, the singles sound great on Apple Music. I work early in the morning so I’m going to wait until after work tomorrow to be able to fully absorb it! So exciting.

THEY....have arrived.
First run through before resumption of Test Cricket 🏏 ...
In fact will squeeze in another ....

First impressions are:

The usual, very high quality, mix from Mr Wilson with Gavin mixing his drums 🥁!!

I deliberately haven't listened to Apples Atmos release yet....Will do that later to compare.

IMO.. this release is right up there with what you would expect from Porcupine Tree.

Expert musicianship
Superb mixing
Great songs

It's a winner!!!

PS: Only listened in Atmos...so far.

Back