Porcupine Tree - Closure / Continuation (5.1/Dolby Atmos) 24-Jun-2022

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll throw my ranking up as well:

1. Walk The Plank
2. Dignity
3. Chimera's Wreck
4. Harridan
5. Of The New Day
6. Herd Culling
7. Rats Return

Well we both agree that "Dignity" and "Chimera's Wreck" are top 3, "Harridan" and "Of the New Day" are middle of the pack, and "Rats Return" is at the bottom.
I gotta say though, even though I have "Walk the Plank" at #6 currently, I've been humming it most of the afternoon, so that just goes to show how catchy it is!

:)

Got my box set, but gotta give a WTF about the "book" odd pics with whiteout squares in the center and cryptic c/c numbers on the squares. If there's a trick to this I missed it, if not that's just weird.

Got my "deluxe" set from the Shed today. I'll get to know the songs a bit in the car and out for my walks, then probably get to the surround mix next weekend.

Received from the "official" PT store @ Townsend Music today via DHL Express. I did place my preorder way back on the first of November last year (2021), so those who ordered later may have to wait for a second run to be pressed, I guess.

Last edited:
Didn’t SW change record companies (distributor) with the release of his last solo album? This may be the reason for the higher prices and the way his records are released now (lack of bonus tracks etc., on the BD).

I’ve noticed that not having an album on release date is becoming the norm for me (about a week after release date) here in the US, for European releases or preorders that the record companies that don’t anticipate a certain number of preorders.

Last edited:
For those who want to rip there disc. You will have a choice of 7 chapters Angle 1 and 7 chapters Angle 2. I use MKV for ripping Blu Ray. I ripped angle 1 not knowing and then Music Media Helper could not open it as there where no chapters.
So I then ripped angle 2 and all is well.
I have ripped the Dolby Atmos, the DTS-HD 5.1 and the LPCM stereo.

I use AnyDVD HD and DVD Audio Extractor to rip audio and had no problem ripping tracks for both angles for 5.1 and stereo. I only listened a tad but think they’re the same. The booklet doesn’t mention any alternate or instrumental tracks on the blu ray. When my theater renovation is done I’ll be able to plat the Atmos tracks via my Kaleidescapecdisc server, Trinnov Altitude 32 SSP, etc

PS Put the disc on my basement 5.2.2 system. Angle 1 is with video, Angle 2 is no video - otherwise, music does not change. So if you are ripping audio only just rip one of the camera angles for both 5.1 and 2 channel.

Last edited:
Didn’t SW change record companies (distributor) with the release of his last solo album? This may be the reason for the higher prices and the way his records are released now (lack of bonus tracks etc., on the BD).
Since To The Bone, Steven has been signed—as a solo artist—to Caroline, which is distributed by Universal. Closure / Continuation, however, is on Music For Nations, which is distributed by Sony. In both cases, the distributor is a "major" label, unlike Kscope—a label Wilson co-founded, and through which he released his first four solo albums—which is distributed by an "independent" label (Snapper).

Got my box set, but gotta give a WTF about the "book" odd pics with whiteout squares in the center and cryptic c/c numbers on the squares. If there's a trick to this I missed it, if not that's just weird.
To be fair, that was my first reaction to the arty farty book. Felt I'd been short changed.
But hey ho 😏 , still very happy to have this release.
I don't normally do negs, just airing my initial impression. :)

My first reaction to the 5.1 (not Atmos yet) is....this is simply divine. Fidelity is off the charts, musicaly, superior. This IS, Porcupine Tree. I love it. Start to finish. This damn thing rocks, loud. I can crank the living shit out of it. My Klipsch system handles it with care. My SVS sub roars.......

Easily, by far, my favorite new title...in some time.

My first reaction to the 5.1 (not Atmos yet) is....this is simply divine. Fidelity is off the charts, musicaly, superior. This IS, Porcupine Tree. I love it. Start to finish. This damn thing rocks, loud. I can crank the living shit out of it. My Klipsch system handles it with care. My SVS sub roars.......

Easily, by far, my favorite new title...in some time.
You ordered from ImportCDs, right?
If so did you get an email notification?
I still haven't heard anything.

I did, and I don't have my copy yet. I was able to listen to a friend's copy who ordered elsewhere. My buddy doesn't have Atmos though.
Thanks. Sorry that you haven't gotten your copy yet either. Glad to hear that part about "This damn thing rocks, loud." though. That's what I was hoping for.
Any day now, any day now, we shall get our release.

The mix will be the same, but—of course—in order to hear the 360 Reality Audio stream on your immersive speaker system, you have to have one of a small handful of very new, very expensive AVRs at its heart.
Interesting, didn't know that. I thought they were just going with it for the headphone angle. They need to stop now before investing a lot into it. It's never going to supplant Atmos.

I just had time to listen to the stereo deluxe version. It might be in my "big four" Porcupine Trees, with In Absentia, Fear Of A Blank Planet and Lightbulb Sun.

Too bad that Gavin was not involved in Hand.Cannot.Erase.. ^^

Best tracks so far Chimera's Wreck and Walk The Plank for now

I just had time to listen to the stereo deluxe version. It might be in my "big four" Porcupine Trees, with In Absentia, Fear Of A Blank Planet and Lightbulb Sun.

Too bad that Gavin was not involved in Hand.Cannot.Erase.. ^^

Best tracks so far Chimera's Wreck and Walk The Plank for now
Really? I think Marco is the Greatest living drummer.

Back