Porcupine Tree - Closure / Continuation (5.1/Dolby Atmos) 24-Jun-2022

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for convincing me not to buy this current format box. I'll wait and see if there is another version in the future..................i'll bite then;)

He most likel

He most likely did.

For some reason I can see a blu ray audio coming out in the next few months, with outtakes, bonus tracks and alternative versions.

From what I have seen from Steven Wilson, I wouldn't hold my breath. Pink Floyd does this, but I don't think Porcupine Tree/Steven Wilson will do this. From what I have heard/read from other artists (Bruce Soord and Giancarlo Erra come to mind), authoring and pressing a Blu-ray disc is expensive, so only one Blu-ray variation for an album is most likely. Pink Floyd have the means to release several variations (the Reverber/ation 1971 Blu-ray where they removed Meddle for the breakout boxsets, Delicate Sound Of Thunder with a Different Blu-ray for the standalone, and probably others).

From what I have seen from Steven Wilson, I wouldn't hold my breath. Pink Floyd does this, but I don't think Porcupine Tree/Steven Wilson will do this. From what I have heard/read from other artists (Bruce Soord and Giancarlo Erra come to mind), authoring and pressing a Blu-ray disc is expensive, so only one Blu-ray variation for an album is most likely. Pink Floyd have the means to release several variations (the Reverber/ation 1971 Blu-ray where they removed Meddle for the breakout boxsets, Delicate Sound Of Thunder with a Different Blu-ray for the standalone, and probably others).

How many Blu ray sales are needed to cover costs, do you know?

I don't know if anyone else has posted about the (stereo only) digital download from the PT shop on Townsend Records. I am a little confused as the whole album and bonus tracks plus 60 page PDF are available until midnight (UK) tonight for £4.99 in both MP3 and 16/44 FLAC (together - not separately). Because I bought the Deluxe CD/BD I am entitled to buy it for only £3.99! So, I can have all of the content of the CDs from the Deluxe version at CD quality including the book in PDF for just £3.99. This caused me some mental roller coaster journeys but I decided to go for it as, for such a small amount, it saves me ripping the CDs and the near impossibility of scanning the book should I feel the need (however unlikely!) The massive downside is that means the BD has cost me about £62!

https://porcupinetree.tmstor.es/pro...xe Digital Album Discount Co&utm_medium=email

I want to thank you Omega4 for $6.99 I was able to download the whole album to my work computer here in Los Angeles (SHHHH dont tell my boss....). I cant get the CD at present from Amazon but I now have the whole album as two digital albums transferred to my phone as MP3s and will listen later. All the B sides and instrumentals 17 songs. I should have them all as Flacs too. I dont know why they are doing this but Im not complaining......

Seems to got delayed to 8/12 now on like every US site.. but UK sites have it now.. do i cancel? I had mine on bullmoose for the moosey points and have waited since last year.

I placed my order with Bull Moose on Feb 3rd. I waited patiently for it to ship while others were listening to their copies. Without ever hearing anything from the Moose, I checked Burning Shed and they had it in stock this last Friday, July 1st. I ordered a copy from the Shed and canceled my Bull Moose order. I got a shipping notice from Burning Shed that same evening! Now I just have to wait for it to get across the Atlantic, but at least I know it’s coming, and I will get a copy! I’ve read that a lot of members have had good luck with the Moose, but I’m not going to bother with them anymore.
Just my 2 cents…

Yeah, I’d like to know the exact holdup for US vendors. We can all speculate. Has anyone that ordered at a US vendor actually received their Deluxe Edition copy yet? I know the single CD and all vinyl copies are available here.

Gotta admit to being very frustrated right now with this set. I pre-ordered it the day preorders opened through the Porcupine Tree site and it still hasn't shipped yet. And then to be offered the opportunity to buy an mp3 download of the album but, you know, with a $1.00 discount felt more than a little like having them thumb their nose at me. So far this album has been nothing but a disappointment to me and I haven't even received it yet.

And then to be offered the opportunity to buy an mp3 download of the album but, you know, with a $1.00 discount felt more than a little like having them thumb their nose at me.
To be clear, it's a full CD-quality 16-bit/44.1kHz FLAC download of the full tracklisting, including the second CD.

Back