Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do wonder if we would think so poorly of the Guthrie DSotM if we never had an opportunity to compare it with the excellent Parsons quad mix. He's due some credit. Guthrie did manage to get better sonics out of it.
Yes, that is why I am stating that Guthrie is probably capable of a GREAT DISCRETE MCH MIX, as most engineers are; hell, RChycki has done some REALLY great discrete mixes but, hey, if the bosses want a certain kind of mix, you HAVE yo do as they say...but I do not think that RW/Gilmour would have changed their minds, but WE HOPE they have!!!!

Simply amazing news, what a great way to kick off the long weekend 🍻

I’m really happy with Guthrie’s 5.1 DSOTM so I think I’ll be ecstatic with this standalone BD~A.

Now if they just follow this up with the Wall (5.1 mix of the original album with a new 4K scan of the movie) and release that 5.1 mix of Obscured by Clouds I’d call the PF surround catalog completed for me, don’t really care for the Syd Barrett stuff much at all.

I’d even take a 5.1 of The Final Cut, next year is the 40th anniversary…

Simply amazing news, what a great way to kick off the long weekend 🍻

I’m really happy with Guthrie’s 5.1 DSOTM so I think I’ll be ecstatic with this standalone BD~A.

Now if they just follow this up with the Wall (5.1 mix of the original album with a new 4K scan of the movie) and release that 5.1 mix of Obscured by Clouds I’d call the PF surround catalog completed for me, don’t really care for the Syd Barrett stuff much at all.

I’d even take a 5.1 of The Final Cut, next year is the 40th anniversary…
I love PF but hate the The Final Cut, if it was in 5.1 and someone offered it to me for free i’d very politely decline

Back