Elton John in Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems the Diamonds release is now only lossless stereo on Apple Music. My playlist with a few tracks worked in Atmos like a week ago. Now the tracks are stereo.
The only version of Rocket Man I can find in Atmos is on Honky Château.

Candle in the Wind is completely gone in Atmos.

This is quite annoying. Your Song, Rocket Man, Island Girl are the only tracks on Diamonds currently playing in Atmos.

Worse - most of the tracks on Diamonds are not even lossless any longer. Including Tiny Dancer, Honky Cat, Crocodile Rock, Daniel, Saturday Night, GYBR, Candle, and many others too.

I’ve defended Apple Music many times, but this is is a bit of a mess. Hoping it is transitory.

(US located)

This is quite annoying. Your Song, Rocket Man, Island Girl are the only tracks on Diamonds currently playing in Atmos.

Worse - most of the tracks on Diamonds are not even lossless any longer. Including Tiny Dancer, Honky Cat, Crocodile Rock, Daniel, Saturday Night, GYBR, Candle, and many others too.

I’ve defended Apple Music many times, but this is is a bit of a mess. Hoping it is transitory.

(US located)

It's still on Tidal. I don't see Honky Chateau or EJ however.

(US located)
Why would they do this?

Why would they do this?

i can't think why!? feels quite mad.. unless they plan to replace all 48 of the album tracks and singles and bonus tracks and B-sides and duets and Soundtrack tracks (!) from Diamonds with Atmos renditions of all the albums and other compilations... we're stumped!! 😅

i mean, unless we lose those Atmos tracks altogether that are not on the 70's Classics, they'd have to also do Atmos releases of all these LPs and comps (take a deep breath!!).. 🥁 A Single Man, 21 at 33, Jump Up!, Breaking Hearts, Ice On Fire, Reg Strikes Back, Sleeping With The Past, The Thom Bell Sessions, The One, Duets, The Lion King OST, Made In England, The Big Picture, AIDA, Songs From The West Coast, Billy Elliot, The Diving Board, Wonderful Crazy Night, Good Morning To The Night/PNAU.. its just not gonna happen!! is it..!? can it..!? 🤔

But Diamonds is a stand alone compellation album. Even if they release the others in Atmos the Diamonds album has its own identity.

I am happy to see other EJ albums like Honky Chateau get its own Atmos treatment.

yes its an odd move.. if it was just a temporary thing for his 50 years in showbiz or his 75th birthday or the Queen's Jubilee or whatever it was that made them do it (i can't remember now!) that's great but there was no indication the Atmos was time limited.. and worse still, what i was saying is withdrawing the Atmos Diamonds compilation means they'd have to cover a lot (lot lot) of other releases to enable a number of those tracks to make it back out in Atmos, some of those albums and releases like Duets, Aida, Billy Elliot, Reg Strikes Back etc., well i just can't see that kinda stuff being released in its own right in Atmos but we shall see.. 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Last edited:

(US located)

weirdly, here in the UK, the equivalent of Disc 3 of Diamonds is still all in Atmos.. so Skyline Pigeon (Piano Version from 1973), Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, Pinball Wizard, Mama Can't Buy You Love, Part-Time Love, Empty Garden, Kiss The Bride, The One, True Love w/Kiki Dee, Believe, Live Like Horses w/Pavarotti, Written In The Stars w/LeAnn Rimes, This Train Don't Stop There Anymore, Good Morning To The Night w/PNAU & Step Into Christmas are all still in Atmos. everything else on the compilation is in Stereo (again). hmm.. 🤔

Back