Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob James One....a classic !
IMG_0258.JPG

View attachment 80745
The Church - Starfish

Always loved this album, many amazing songs and the overall feel is great.
The Intervention SACD is beautiful.
Along with Billy Squire’s, Don’t Say No, I find it too bright. The vinyl is just perfect and sounds fantastic. Though, I’m happy to have both versions.

Thats one I should have got but didn't as it was only stereo not surround. However I have pre-ordered the new "Saturday Night In San Francisco" stereo SACD!

Dunc, it's recorded so well you'd swear it was a bona fide three channel recording and you'd be missing out on some dynamically thrilling guitar virtuosity!

And since it's only three guitars [no other instrumentation], the most a 4.0/5.1 soundstage would deliver is AMBIENCE, only!

And it's guaranteed to repel 🧙‍♂️

Last edited:
Dunc, it's recorded so well you'd swear it was a bona fide three channel recording and you'd be missing out on some dynamically thrilling guitar virtuosity!

And since it's only three guitars [no other instrumentation], the most a 4.0/5.1 soundstage would deliver is AMBIENCE, only!

And it's guaranteed to repel 🧙‍♂️
I've the CDs of Friday Night In San Francisco and Passion Grace & Fire, and they are wonderfully recorded,
...........but probably not enough high frequency squeaking to scare the damned
Dancing Gnome!.gif
away!

Just arrived TODAY. MoFi has knocked this one out of the ballpark. Superbly remastered Stereo SACD by Shawn R. Britton utilizing MoFi's proprietary GAIN HD SYSTEM.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Oh boy, glad I looked at this thread today. I always get notification from MOFI about a new release but either didn't get one or I missed it.
I ordered the Clapton unplugged, David Crosby (Already have the surround DVD-A) and pre ordered the Thriller.

I agree with the Billy Squier being bright.
Played parts of Starfish again last night and though I personally wouldn’t call it bright, I can hear what you mean, especially in some of the vocals.

Back