Elton John in Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are missing a trick there Adam.
Realise that space is tight but the difference is like night and day.
Can pick these up for a good price at AV.com

https://www.av.com/Speakers/Wharfedale-D300-3D-Surround-Speakers-Pair-Black/4GLL

ahh.. thanks for the tip orf! 🤗 the speakers look groovy enough and really affordable.. but it'd mean another new AVR and since this Yammy's not even a year old but 'only' handles 5.1.2 (my bad! 🤦‍♀️ ) ah i dunno.. i'll see what i can come up with.. 🤞🤓🧮🛒🤑

i have to think this is some kind of glitch. Why would the label go to the expense of having Greg Penny remix all the stuff on Diamonds in ATMOS, plus pay him to do many of the albums, then publicize it and then take it away Diamonds?

Maybe its a cataloging error of some kind. I noticed also that the new Rush Moving pictures release has been moved around. The version with the updated cover art that i saved to my library no longer has the full Atmos studio mixes. When i looked yesterday, all that was there was Atmos Limelight and the stereo live stuff. The Atmos mixes were on a version that had the classic cover art.

Im not saying this is related to the missing EJ, but it does point to the possibility Apple's offerings seemingly being in a state of continuous change.

https://music.apple.com/gb/album/elton-john-deluxe-edition/1440754854
tracks 1-10 here comprise the original album in Atmos (including "The King Must Die", which for some reason is not in Atmos on the standalone album offering on Apple Music in the UK of this record but is present and correct on the Deluxe Edition). tracks 15-17 are only 3 of the many Bonus tracks on the Deluxe Edition but these 3 are the ones also newly mixed in Atmos.

Apparently because the "bonus track" version has a 5:24 version of The King Must Die (silence at the end and before the bonus tracks) and that is not the version they put up in Atmos. The deluxe edition uses the 5:04 version (in Atmos) without the extra silence as it is at the end of a "disc".

Apparently because the "bonus track" version has a 5:24 version of The King Must Die (silence at the end and before the bonus tracks) and that is not the version they put up in Atmos. The deluxe edition uses the 5:04 version (in Atmos) without the extra silence as it is at the end of a "disc".

oh gosh.. 🤦‍♀️ thanks for the explanation! 👍 kinda feels like there's maybe a better way for Apple to handle all this idk? 🤷‍♀️

Someone posted a "how to" in one of the insanely long Atmos streaming threads. We should complain about it. The squeeky wheel gets the grease :)
I’m going to check myself, but does anyone happen to know off-hand how to report a problem to Apple Music?
I've just been in touch with Apple support to report the issue, hopefully it will be resolved

oh gosh.. 🤦‍♀️ thanks for the explanation! 👍 kinda feels like there's maybe a better way for Apple to handle all this idk? 🤷‍♀️

Not Apple's issue, the labels provide the content for the tracks. They didn't do an Atmos version of the one with the silence of the end. Apple has no control over that.

Not Apple's issue, the labels provide the content for the tracks. They didn't do an Atmos version of the one with the silence of the end. Apple has no control over that.
Still, Apple is putting their name on the service. Shouldn't they be doing some QC on what is being submitted to the service and assure its all correct and functions properly?

weirdly, here in the UK, the equivalent of Disc 3 of Diamonds is still all in Atmos.. so Skyline Pigeon (Piano Version from 1973), Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, Pinball Wizard, Mama Can't Buy You Love, Part-Time Love, Empty Garden, Kiss The Bride, The One, True Love w/Kiki Dee, Believe, Live Like Horses w/Pavarotti, Written In The Stars w/LeAnn Rimes, This Train Don't Stop There Anymore, Good Morning To The Night w/PNAU & Step Into Christmas are all still in Atmos. everything else on the compilation is in Stereo (again). hmm.. 🤔
Same here is the USA.

Still, Apple is putting their name on the service. Shouldn't they be doing some QC on what is being submitted to the service and assure its all correct and functions properly?

What isn't correct or functioning properly. The song that the label provided for that album plays properly in all the formats the label gave them. If the label wants to make and Atmos version of the song with extra silence at the end or just put the normal one on that release that is completely their decision?

But I do get it that we have to report issues to Apple, and they will hopefully pass it on to the label to fix it.

You don't see Target opening up the CDs they sell and making sure all the tracks sound right, do you?

Maybe its a cataloging error of some kind. I noticed also that the new Rush Moving pictures release has been moved around. The version with the updated cover art that i saved to my library no longer has the full Atmos studio mixes. When i looked yesterday, all that was there was Atmos Limelight and the stereo live stuff. The Atmos mixes were on a version that had the classic cover art.

Im not saying this is related to the missing EJ, but it does point to the possibility Apple's offerings seemingly being in a state of continuous change.

Their constantly moving stuff. One day something plays i Atmos...next its moved replaced etc
Constant influx!

What isn't correct or functioning properly. The song that the label provided for that album plays properly in all the formats the label gave them. If the label wants to make and Atmos version of the song with extra silence at the end or just put the normal one on that release that is completely their decision?

But I do get it that we have to report issues to Apple, and they will hopefully pass it on to the label to fix it.

You don't see Target opening up the CDs they sell and making sure all the tracks sound right, do you?

It's still on Tidal. No reason it shouldn't be on Apple.

I compared Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters one after the other, 5.1.4 rendered Atmos vs the 5.1. The backing vocals and mandolins (i think) are mostly in the rears in the 5.1. With the Atmos, they are in a rear side bubble that arcs over your head.
I noticed this as well, it's subtle but it does enhance the listening experience. The same goes for most of the Elton Atmos stuff, there aren't many instances of distinct instrumentation fully-isolated in the heights - it's more often you'll have the same information coming from both the rear and height channels simultaneously, for a more 'enveloping' effect. I also thought the sound quality on Honky Chateau was slightly less harsh than the SACD.

Back