WHO’S NEXT/LIFEHOUSE Box set coming in September 2023 (STEVEN WILSON DOLBY ATMOS & 5.1 MIXES CONFIRMED!!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heaven and Hell
The Seeker
Here For More
Don't Know Myself
Let's See Action
When I Was A Boy
Join Together
Baby Don't You Do It
Relay
Waspman
Water
Postcard
Now I'm A Farmer
Pure and Easy
Too Much of Anything
Naked Eye
Time is Passing

14 of these mixed into surround! Can't wait!

Wowie! Naked Eye & Postcard in 5.1. I can't wait, we are getting a chunk of Odds & Sods in 5.1.

It remains to be seen what tracks got remixed.

Heaven & Hell and Time Is Passing are both quite unlikely, for example.

I haven’t been too keen on dropping $150 or more for a single-album box set, even for albums I really like such as Moving Pictures and Destroyer, but this is one I will have to break open the piggy bank for, especially with the inclusion of 14 bonus tracks in surround, many of which are killer in their own right. Cannot wait.

1657582317909.png

Bless you, my child 😇

I would guess he can replicate the patch, but the performance could only be approximated.

And good luck with guitar.
Keyboard parts can be triggered off of the final master to play pretty much exactly as they were originally. Guitar is another story. Just like Moon's drums in mono can easily be replaced with a stereo set no problem with a skilled engineer. I doubt that they were re-trigger Moon's drums, but it is possible.

Keyboard parts can be triggered off of the final master to play pretty much exactly as they were originally. Guitar is another story. Just like Moon's drums in mono can easily be replaced with a stereo set no problem with a skilled engineer. I doubt that they were re-trigger Moon's drums, but it is possible.

Drums easily replaced? Not so much.

Yes, that quote was too epic to not capitalize on :)
Couldn’t agree more with the last 2 sentences in the quote: “I don’t understand the point of doing a boring front-loaded mix. What’s the point?”
What’s the point, indeed?!
That’s why he’s the best 🤩
Great interview, Mr. Cornell 👍🏼

I just read the interview with Steven Wilson that GOS linked the thread to in Post 263 of this thread. As I'm sure most of you know by now, SW spoke openly about remixing Who's Next in said interview, so the obvious question is: What's the latest on when the new SW mix will be released?

I just read the interview with Steven Wilson that GOS linked the thread to in Post 263 of this thread. As I'm sure most of you know by now, SW spoke openly about remixing Who's Next in said interview, so the obvious question is: What's the latest on when the new SW mix will be released?
According to Pete Townsend, 2023

Back