Marillion "Holidays in Eden" remix from Stephen W Tayler in September 2022!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
I mentioned the upcoming reissue of "Holidays in Eden" from Marillion in the Looking Forward to 2022 thread, but I came across an amazing discovery this evening!

"Holidays in Eden" has actually been remixed by @Stephen W Tayler!

From here: https://www.eonmusic.co.uk/steve-rothery-marillion-eonmusic-interview-september-2021.html

Back to the deluxe editions series, and which one is coming next?
‘Holidays in Eden’ will be the next one, which has already been remixed by Stephen Tayler who did an incredible job. It’s put a lot of the rock ‘n’ roll back into it. I think people are going to be blown away by it. I know I was. I always struggled with the aspect of the sound of ‘Holidays in Eden’, but he’s really made it sound quite powerful and magical.

The struggle you mention, is that because it’s got quite a polished production?
Exactly. He reduced some of the polish. He’s a great mixer. He’s the guy who did the Kate Bush live ‘Before the Dawn’ album, and he’s done a couple of mixes for me for my next solo album, and he’s just great at capturing that energy, really. He understands guitars, and he’s worked with everyone from Rush to XTC. If you look at his CV on Wikipedia, he really has been there.

Many on here are already familiar with Stephen and his 5.1 surround mixing work for groups like Be-Bop Deluxe & Van der Graaf Generator, so I'm pretty excited that he's now working with Marillion!
This should be quite a release!

:)

This is good news! Now I just hope that the mastering will be more sympathetic than on the Fish-era remixes. Like the original mixes or not, but one strength they had is that they were dynamic albums. (Something I feel Marillion have been missing on their more recent albums for quite a while, and which has also seeped over into the last couple of remix sets.)

After that, who knows?

Looks like they aren't opposed to continuing the series beyond the EMI albums :)
I suppose the logical question is, given the format of the EMI deluxe reissues, is there a temptation to continue the series, with the Castle-era albums and beyond?
Oh, I think everything eventually will be released in the same kind of format. I think there’s a desire from our audience to have that, to have like, the ultimate version and the live stuff, any sort of writing stuff. More of the same, I suppose really. I mean, we’re only going to make so many albums in our career, so you want the best possible version of each one.

I mentioned the upcoming reissue of "Holidays in Eden" from Marillion in the Looking Forward to 2022 thread, but I came across an amazing discovery this evening!

"Holidays in Eden" has actually been remixed by @Stephen W Tayler!

From here: https://www.eonmusic.co.uk/steve-rothery-marillion-eonmusic-interview-september-2021.html

Many on here are already familiar with Stephen and his 5.1 surround mixing work for groups like Be-Bop Deluxe & Van der Graaf Generator, so I'm pretty excited that he's now working with Marillion!
This should be quite a release!

:)
Nice find! Great news. I can't wait

Yes, all but Freaks & and the specific live cut of Margaret have appeared on these deluxe editions.

Only Lady Nina saw a 5.1 upgrade.

I guess I should have stated that EMI should consider adding it to the series focusing on the surround perspective.

Yes, all but Freaks & and the specific live cut of Margaret have appeared on these deluxe editions.

Only Lady Nina saw a 5.1 upgrade.

I guess I should have stated that EMI should consider adding it to the series focusing on the surround perspective.
Not gonna happen.

Hello Everyone,
We are pleased to announce the latest (and almost final) in our series of Deluxe Editions of the Marillion EMI Studio albums. This time it's the turn of Holidays In Eden on 3cd / bluray and 4 disc
180g vinyl sets. These will be released on 16th September 2022.
The album has been given a 2022 remix by Stephen W Tayler and we're sure you'll agree he's done a great job.
In addition both formats also include the full concert from Hammersmith Odeon on 30th September 1991.
As well as 48/24 and 5.1 mixes of the album, the bluray also contains "Pain & Heaven", an 85 minute documentary on the making of Holidays, the full Rockpalast live TV broadcast from Koln in 1991 (18 tracks), and the promotional videos for Cover My Eyes, No One Can and Dry Land along with b-sides and bonus tracks.
Phew!
CD/BLURAY - https://www.marillion.com/shop/albums/remast57.htm
VINYL -
https://www.marillion.com/shop/albums/remast58.htm
The first 4000 orders across both formats will also receive a hand signed A4 artwork print.
As you've probably worked out, this now means that Seasons End is the only remaining album in this series. We hope to have this released in 2023.
In other news, a limited amount of leftover merchandise from our Marillion Weekends is now available in the Racket shop. There's far too much to list here but it can all be found by following this link -
https://www.marillion.com/shop/search.php?s=weekendleft
Go easy in the radiation, folks...
h, Ian, Mark, Pete & Steve

294742134_601723624648088_2267037488805913712_n.jpg

2609.jpg

Last edited:
Obviously ordered!

Marillion's announcement email contained the snippet "As you've probably worked out, this now means that Seasons End is the only remaining album in this series. We hope to have this released in 2023.", so really looking forward to that one as well.

Does that mean that no Marbles 5.1 release at any time?

Back