The SDE Surround Sound Series (Updated list of titles with links in post #1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve bought all three so far and I even went back and forth on the Gilbert Sullivan release. This one might be pass, especially since one of ac units just died! I guess I should be thankful it worked for 20 years
OMG. Having a working AC this week trumps any music release that is coming out...well, except perhaps for Who's Next.

I'm passing on this one also. It's not my kind of music.

From the SDE newsletter

Collect the series

While the previous blu-rays have old sold out, as an incentive to encourage you to build your collection, we're creating specially-designed numbered slipcases for each of them. Gilbert O'Sullivan's Driven is shipping with #3, Shakespears Sister will have #4 and we will go back and create slipcases for both Tears For Fears (#1) and xPropaganda (#2). You will be able to add the early ones to your SDE shopping cart for FREE with future purchases (more on this soon). As a music obsessive, I know how important things looking good on the shelf can be, so these slipcases will create consistency for a cool-looking 'shelfie'!

From that same period, I'd really like to hear the surround treatment from The Sundays or Mazzy Star. Anything from them would be an instant purchase for me...
Those would be great. I’m all in on more 90s stuff. Lot of great albums mixes from that era that would be nice in surround for sure.

Well, as high on the charts as they apparently went, I have never heard of Shakespears Sister’s. It really is not my thing, and given the high cost of shipping to the USA, basically greater than 50% of the item price, it doesn't make sense. In the past I have ordered a second copy for another surround sound enthusiast to reduce shipping costs, but like me, they really are not interested in this particular release.

Playing alone again....naturally...oops freudian slip...:D

Gilbert's Driven arrived today, playing it now.

For a 75 year old, he's still got it.

Great song writing.
Great music.
Great production.

And a nice surprise is the Great mix!!:)

And his voice is holding up too...

Very pleased with this No 3, SDE release.
Slip case is a nice touch.

Playing alone again....naturally...oops freudian slip...:D

Gilbert's Driven arrived today, playing it now.

For a 75 year old, he's still got it.

Great song writing.
Great music.
Great production.

And a nice surprise is the Great mix!!:)

And his voice is holding up too...

Very pleased with this No 3, SDE release.
Slip case is a nice touch.
SO gratifying to hear, Mike. Mine is enroute from SDE .....

An interview with Gilbert celebrating his 50 years in SHOWBIZ .......

From that same period, I'd really like to hear the surround treatment from The Sundays or Mazzy Star. Anything from them would be an instant purchase for me...
Oh man, I'd love either one of those! Just listened to the Atmos mix of Fade Into You again last night and it's a damn near perfect mix on my system.

And for those who don't know Mazzy Star:

Back