The SDE Surround Sound Series (Updated list of titles with links in post #1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I ordered the Shakespeare's Sister title, I left a message on his forum with a link here inviting him. He didn't reply. :-(
I have posted a link to QQ on SDE at the request of an SDE reader…so I am guessing Paul is at least aware of QQ…maybe he checks in once in a while?
Since he is clearly interested in surround releases I think that’s a safe bet 🤔

86331CE5-6882-43C8-AE60-C4FFC665C483.jpeg
the slipcase from no3

Attachments

• 5FD30BD1-23EB-4F2B-AFF2-9A5ADD37F62B.jpeg
    5FD30BD1-23EB-4F2B-AFF2-9A5ADD37F62B.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 0
The dream release from this series for me would still have to be Tom Petty's Wildflowers & All The Rest. The John Lennon Gimme Some Truth collection proved they can fit 30+ tracks in stereo, 5.1 & Atmos on a single Blu-Ray.
Oh man I'd love that.

I almost pre-ordered the Shakespears Sister Blu-Ray. I always loved "Hello" and never really minded "Stay". Then I listened to the album on Spotify and realized that the album version of "Hello" is missing about half the instrumentation that I know and love from the single mix. It completely deflates the song. With the rest of the album being good and pleasant, but not mind-blowing, I'm gonna pass on this one.

That said, how awesome is it that this SDE surround series is going so well! I'm really excited Paul is doing this and succeeding with it.

Oh man I'd love that.

I almost pre-ordered the Shakespears Sister Blu-Ray. I always loved "Hello" and never really minded "Stay". Then I listened to the album on Spotify and realized that the album version of "Hello" is missing about half the instrumentation that I know and love from the single mix. It completely deflates the song. With the rest of the album being good and pleasant, but not mind-blowing, I'm gonna pass on this one.

That said, how awesome is it that this SDE surround series is going so well! I'm really excited Paul is doing this and succeeding with it.

maybe elements more appreciated in the old single mix will be utilised in the new Atmos and 5.1 mixes on the BD 🙂

When I ordered the Shakespeare's Sister title, I left a message on his forum with a link here inviting him. He didn't reply. :-(

I retract the above statement. Paul just responded. He said he just registered for the site and is waiting for an approval. He said he will be happy to answer any questions and queries as best he can. 😁

I retract the above statement. Paul just responded. He said he just registered for the site and is waiting for an approval. He said he will be happy to answer any questions and queries as best he can. 😁
YEAY!!! 🥰 let's bombard him with a gazillion questions, bandy about wild unfounded suppositions and then drive him away forever!! 🥳 ah that'll never happen here, no Sir-ee, not on your life, never ever ever. 🤦‍♀️🤣 God i miss Jon.

I don’t intend on burdening the gentleman here with frivolities; just make sure to let me know when the next one is coming so I can unload my discretionary on it (y)

YEAY!!! 🥰 let':Ds bombard him with a gazillion questions, bandy about wild unfounded suppositions and then drive him away forever!! 🥳 ah that'll never happen here, no Sir-ee, not on your life, never ever ever. 🤦‍♀️🤣 God i miss Jon.
Was just thinking the same Adam

Not to worry we can always use the QQ patented ticketing system....

Please place your question here....:D

Hi everyone. Paul here from SDE. I just wanted to drop in and say thanks for your enthusiasm for the SDE Surround Series and special thanks to @privateuniverse for setting up this sub-group.

I will do my best to contribute and answer questions, but please don't be offended if I'm not responding instantly. Also, do bear in mind that questions like "what's coming next?" aren't going to be ones I can really answer because as I hope you'll understand there's all sorts of delicate discussions that are ongoing and talking about something before it's officially agreed will more than likely jinx the whole thing!

However I'll make sure you are amongst the first to know when there is news!

Gilbert O'Sullivan's Driven blu-ray has half-shipped, but because he has/had Covid there has been a delay and we are still waiting on half the stock to turn up. This will mainly impact our international buyers, I think (apologies). This is a special message from Gilbert:

"Thank you for purchasing my new album.

Due to contracting Covid I’ve been unwell and have been unable to sign the album for you yet. As soon as I am better, at the first opportunity you will be receiving the signed copy from me and I hope you enjoy my new music.

Gilbert"

Anyway, thank you again for your passion for spatial audio and physical product!

Paul

I don’t intend on burdening the gentleman here with frivolities; just make sure to let me know when the next one is coming so I can unload my discretionary on it (y)
i fully intend to make doubly sure;

1.) he knows i won't be buying a title he has announced and why,

2.) i inform him of every shipping update of every disc i order from SDE, all in its most arse-cripplingly minor and minute detail

and

3.) to let him know how disappointed i am about something he patently has absolutely no control over.

you can thank me for it later 😄

i fully intend to make doubly sure;

1.) he knows i won't be buying a title he has announced and why,

2.) i inform him of every shipping update of every disc i order from SDE, all in its most arse-cripplingly minor and minute detail

and

3.) to let him know how disappointed i am about something he patently has absolutely no control over.

you can thank me for it later 😄
🤦‍♂️

Hi everyone. Paul here from SDE. I just wanted to drop in and say thanks for your enthusiasm for the SDE Surround Series and special thanks to @privateuniverse for setting up this sub-group.

I will do my best to contribute and answer questions, but please don't be offended if I'm not responding instantly. Also, do bear in mind that questions like "what's coming next?" aren't going to be ones I can really answer because as I hope you'll understand there's all sorts of delicate discussions that are ongoing and talking about something before it's officially agreed will more than likely jinx the whole thing!

Gilbert O'Sullivan's Driven blu-ray has half-shipped, but because he has/had Covid there has been a delay and we are still waiting on half the stock to turn up. This will mainly impact our international buyers, I think (apologies). This is a special message from Gilbert:

Due to contracting Covid I’ve been unwell and have been unable to sign the album for you yet. As soon as I am better, at the first opportunity you will be receiving the signed copy from me and I hope you enjoy my new music.

Gilbert"

Anyway, thank you again for your passion for spatial audio and physical product!

Paul
Greetings and Salutations, Paul and welcome to the forum. You have NO idea how much we are enjoying your SDE BD~A series. Content and most espcially sonics are PLUPERFECT.

Looking forward to your occasional visit from time to time and keep up your MOST SPLENDID WORK!

I do like the new additional No3. slipcase, classy! I'll have to remember to get the slipcases for my Tears For Fears & xPropaganda discs when the next SDE surround appears (I assume the Shakespears Sister will come with No4).

:eek: I just realised its 50 years since "Alone Again (Naturally)" was in the charts here in the UK, and I'd have been 14-15, time certainly flies by! I trust Gilbert gets over Covid soon.

Gilbert"

Paul
Welcome Paul! We all appreciate your efforts with this fun series of releases on BDA. Keep up the fine work!

Gilbert"

Paul
thank you for joining us here, welcome to QQ! we'll go gentle on you, i promise 🤗

thank you also for the absolutely brilliant SDE Surround Series Blu-ray's so far, they're just wonderful, i love them - oh and get well soon Gilbert O'Sullivan! 🤩😋

ps. if you can do an SDE Surround Blu-ray of Elton's Diamonds you'll have my undying devotion forever and ever (and ever!!) 🙏 💎💘

pps. how do we go about getting the slipcases for the SDE Surround Blu-ray releases prior to the new Gilbert O'Sullivan?

thank you for joining us here, welcome to QQ! we'll go gentle on you, i promise 🤗

thank you also for the absolutely brilliant SDE Surround Series Blu-ray's so far, they're just wonderful, i love them - oh and get well soon Gilbert O'Sullivan! 🤩😋

ps. if you can do an SDE Surround Blu-ray of Elton's Diamonds you'll have my undying devotion forever and ever (and ever!!) 🙏 💎💘

pps. how do we go about getting the slipcases for the SDE Surround Blu-ray releases prior to the new Gilbert O'Sullivan?
Adam, when SDE releases their BD~A #5, there will be info on how to obtain the slipcases for SDE BD~As 1 & 2 at no additional charge!

Thanks!

I will work out a way to get the other slipcases to people (TFF and xPropaganda haven't actually been printed yet).
Most probably, we will add them to the SDE shop as (free) products which you will be able to add to your cart when you buy #5 in the series (when it's announced). They will then be flat-packed with the blu-ray you ordered.

Back