PREVIEW: Written and arranged in Quad from the start. XI: BLEED HERE NOW by ...and you will know us by the Trail of Dead

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Short feature on the album in the August issue of Mix magazine (page 16):
https://issuu.com/futurepublishing/docs/mix548.digital_august_2022(Shout-out to @kamranv!)
I didn’t know this came out. Thanks for sharing @humprof !

I hope these kinds of articles, projects and enthusiastic listening/support/feedback by folks like you (all) inspire more artists to really go for it…It’s such a shame that surround sound always seems to be an after thought. The Trail of Dead guys really challenged themselves to do something epic in every way and I’m super proud to have been a part of it.

This music would have to be spectacular to offset both the name of the band and the title of this release. Apparently engaging band names are in short supply.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, their 2002 release 'Source Tags & Codes' received wide acclaim, including a 10/10 rating from Pitchfork saying it is "one of indie rock's truly epic albums". I believe no other album has ever gotten a 10/10 rating from Pitchfork.

I think the name of the band is great and plenty engaging.

So there :)

This music would have to be spectacular to offset both the name of the band and the title of this release. Apparently engaging band names are in short supply.
A truly unique name and one of the best from this century. My only issue is the three dots at the beginning. It just messes with file structures and sorting.

I didn’t know this came out. Thanks for sharing @humprof !

I hope these kinds of articles, projects and enthusiastic listening/support/feedback by folks like you (all) inspire more artists to really go for it…It’s such a shame that surround sound always seems to be an after thought. The Trail of Dead guys really challenged themselves to do something epic in every way and I’m super proud to have been a part of it.
Here is the more web friendly link. How ...Trail of Dead Went Quad for 'XI: Bleed Here Now' - Mixonline

I may have to scoop this one up. I haven't heard anything from TOD in about 15-20 years. Just kind of forgot about them after seeing them in concert about 2005-07 and walking out. Didn't care for the performance, which is odd because they have a reputation as a great live band. I still have their Madonna CD somewhere. Mark David Chapman was always a very good song with a Sonic Youth type vibe. I suspect that they've changed stylistically since then, but really don't know. I'll have to give their new tunes a listen.

Listening to this today.
A very enjoyable Quad mix a bit in the retro style very much using all four speakers.
And a great album, I really should get more by them.
Agreed.
I was kind of amazed by how many varied influences I thought I heard.
Very interesting - need a few more listens - but very enjoyable music & mix 👍🏼

I just bought this using leftover xmas present money, it doesn’t play in quad, I chose DTS HD quadraphonic and it’s playing in 5.1, not a big deal but when it’s advertised as quad and plastered all over the cover etc you would think it would play in 4.0! I’ll comment on it after listening a few times

I just bought this using leftover xmas present money, it doesn’t play in quad, I chose DTS HD quadraphonic and it’s playing in 5.1, not a big deal but when it’s advertised as quad and plastered all over the cover etc you would think it would play in 4.0! I’ll comment on it after listening a few times
If the quadraphonic mix isn't presented in a 5.1 container, some Blu-Ray players will only play the front channels. This was a widely-complained about issue with the Chicago and Doobie Brothers Quadio sets.

It is Quad but with a silent Centre & LFE added.
If the quadraphonic mix isn't presented in a 5.1 container, some Blu-Ray players will only play the front channels. This was a widely-complained about issue with the Chicago and Doobie Brothers Quadio sets.
You beat me to it!

Back