Creedence Clearwater Revival at the Royal Albert Hall (Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I must get this. I just hope the video and recording quality is OK. Recently I purchased CCR at Woodstock but was very disappointed at the audio quality.

I am the worlds biggest CCR fan!!
Looks like a worldwide release limited to 5,000 for the Deluxe set with the film, so I went ahead and ordered one direct.
May also show up streaming on Apple TV, etc.
Might be able to get cheaper elsewhere, but IDK 🤷‍♂️

Say hello to Guacamole Dave for me please Chucky!

Yeah you can preview Bad Moon Rising on Apple Music and Tidal in Atmos...

Tidal - https://tidal.com/browse/album/239977839

Wouldn't get your hopes up too much on the mix. The lossy compression is also causing distortion in the vocal... But hopefully some of the studio albums will be looked at for Atmos... :)

Wouldn't get your hopes up too much on the mix. The lossy compression is also causing distortion in the vocal... But hopefully some of the studio albums will be looked at for Atmos... :)
Yes, I wouldn’t expect much from a 70’s straight up rock band concert for surround/Atmos mix. Certainly nothing to “Blow your skirt up 💃“ or get your Pizzle pencil hard ✏️. I would expect us folks with Involve Surround Masters ;) will do pretty well running those Tri-bands hot ‘n heavy also.

I expect the full Monty of songs to be on Apple Spatial Audio/Atmos near launch time.
Mainly though, I meant the film may eventually drop on Apple TV. So far I’m just not sure if the documentary Travelin’ Band: Creedence Clearwater Revival at the Royal Albert Hall (Jeff Bridges) is part of the Blu-ray concert film also; sounds like it may be.

From the billboard article:
Two months after the initial releases, Craft will put out a Super Deluxe Edition Box Set, a 2-LP/2-CD/1-Blu-ray collection, which includes the concert on 180-gram vinyl and CD, as well as a second CD with additional music from the film. The Blu-Ray offers the full film and the album in hi-resolution and Dolby Atmos. The set, which includes other extras, is capped at 5,000 copies worldwide.

I'm listening to this now and I think it sounds good for a 1970 live recording. The mix use the heights quite a lot, and it helps that I love the music. :cool:

Looks like a worldwide release limited to 5,000 for the Deluxe set with the film, so I went ahead and ordered one direct.
Might be able to get cheaper elsewhere, but IDK 🤷‍♂️

Say hello to Guacamole Dave for me please Chucky!
Thanks for the post and alerting us to this release. I imagine it will be a popular purchase around here. When I saw this I immediately thought of my firends that would also love to see it large & loud in my Bassment. However... I don't want an LP, CD, or cassette of the show. Just the Blu-ray would do me fine. At $99 it's a fair dinkum value for all that's there but I know the extra stuff would never be used. Well, looking forward to hearing what others opinion when they listen to it!

However... I don't want an LP, CD, or cassette of the show. Just the Blu-ray would do me fine. At $99 it's a fair dinkum value for all that's there but I know the extra stuff would never be used. Well, looking forward to hearing what others opinion when they listen to it!
Yep, feel about the same, plus if they eventually throw down the film on streaming like they did with Get Back on Disney+, then it's even less of deal!

Yes, I wouldn’t expect much from a 70’s straight up rock band concert for surround/Atmos mix. Certainly nothing to “Blow your skirt up 💃“ or get your Pizzle pencil hard ✏️. I would expect us folks with Involve Surround Masters ;) will do pretty well running those Tri-bands hot ‘n heavy also.

I expect the full Monty of songs to be on Apple Spatial Audio/Atmos near launch time.
Mainly though, I meant the film may eventually drop on Apple TV. So far I’m just not sure if the documentary Travelin’ Band: Creedence Clearwater Revival at the Royal Albert Hall (Jeff Bridges) is part of the Blu-ray concert film also; sounds like it may be.

From the billboard article:
Two months after the initial releases, Craft will put out a Super Deluxe Edition Box Set, a 2-LP/2-CD/1-Blu-ray collection, which includes the concert on 180-gram vinyl and CD, as well as a second CD with additional music from the film. The Blu-Ray offers the full film and the album in hi-resolution and Dolby Atmos. The set, which includes other extras, is capped at 5,000 copies worldwide.
Also from Billboard:

Walmart will offer a gray “Tombstone Shadow” vinyl and Target a “Green River” vinyl. Additionally, the album will be available across digital platforms, including in hi-res and Dolby ATMOS immersive audio formats

I'll stick with my phenomenol Elliot Scheiner recorded/discretely remixed JOHN FOGERTY PREMONITION DVD until a stand alone BD~V with ATMOS is released!

51GEW7H1HNL.jpg

Also from Billboard:

Walmart will offer a gray “Tombstone Shadow” vinyl and Target a “Green River” vinyl. Additionally, the album will be available across digital platforms, including in hi-res and Dolby ATMOS immersive audio formats

Sonic ,
Are you or they suggesting that an album for "Green River" and "Tombstone Shadow" in HI rez Surround/Atmos will also be made available ?

Back