ABC - The Lexicon Of Love (Steven Wilson 5.1 & Dolby Atmos remixes coming in August 2023; SDE Blu-Ray #12)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick Cleasby

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
New issue of “Electronic Sound”:

AIl these decades later, Martin Fry is getting ready to perform the songs from 'The
Lexicon Of Love' again, on a 10-date 40th anniversary tour across the UK, with additional shows in the US and Europe.

The current line-up of ABC will be augmented by the Southbank Sinfonia for the gigs, the orchestra conducted by Anne Dudley, the album's original keyboard player and strings arranger.

As part of his preparations for the tour, Fry listened to specially remastered versions of the tracks in a superior audio environment. He describes it as like being inside a "sphere of music'

Attachments

• 2394CEE1-DD91-4FCF-AE9E-BFC04336283D.jpeg
    2394CEE1-DD91-4FCF-AE9E-BFC04336283D.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 86
https://360degreesound.com/thats-the-look-abcs-martin-fry-on-the-lexicon-of-love-40-years-later
I understand there’s a new Atmos mix of Lexicon set for release next year.

Martin Fry: Steven Wilson did an Atmos mix. We went to his house, and he kindly played it. It’s like walking into a crystal kingdom. It’s like walking into the record. It’s kind of an eerie and exciting experience. A lot of memories came back actually. It felt like I was back in the studio again. There’s a lot of detail. I play the songs and I’m familiar with the songs obviously. But there’s a lot of detail in the guitar work, like on “Tears Are Not Enough,” that I had not listened to for ages.

This album was well out of my comfort zone when it was released, listened to a few tracks on YouTube, and yes its extremely well played, produced, and I can hear it will translate well into surround ....... but musically still well out of my comfort zone. If it comes out on a Blu-ray or as an SDE release I'll probably still get it, won't bother if its in a box set!

Reactions: GOS
This album was well out of my comfort zone when it was released, listened to a few tracks on YouTube, and yes its extremely well played, produced, and I can hear it will translate well into surround ....... but musically still well out of my comfort zone. If it comes out on a Blu-ray or as an SDE release I'll probably still get it, won't bother if its in a box set!
I kinda had a weakness for the whole New Romantic thing at the time…but I really am tired of physical surround discs locked inside of overpriced bloated box sets.
I’m with you on praying for a stand-alone disc 🙏🏼

Back