Marrillion Somewhere In London DVD-Audio - Sept 2013

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomerJAU

Moderator: MCH Media Players
Staff member
I just found this on music tap:

Snapper Records will release a live set featuring Marillion, Somewhere In London, with 2 CDs and a DVD-Audio set with Hi-res Stereo and 5.1 Surround. This album is scheduled for September 23.

The Burningshed listing does not specify if the release is DVD-A or DVD-V.

https://www.burningshed.com/store/madfish/product/397/4987/

Anyone know if this will be DTS and/or MLP and not just DD?

I just found this on music tap:

Snapper Records will release a live set featuring Marillion, Somewhere In London, with 2 CDs and a DVD-Audio set with Hi-res Stereo and 5.1 Surround. This album is scheduled for September 23.

The Burningshed listing does not specify if the release is DVD-A or DVD-V.

https://www.burningshed.com/store/madfish/product/397/4987/

Anyone know if this will be DTS and/or MLP and not just DD?

This is a re-release - Dolby 5.1 - typical live mix (ambience in the rears). As a bonus there are 4 studio tracks mixed into DD 5.1 from the album "Somewhere Else." It's a great live album and if you're a fan, you shouldn't avoid just because it's only Dolby. However, if you're expecting a discrete DVD Audio mix you should adjust your expectations.

This is a re-release - Dolby 5.1 - typical live mix (ambience in the rears). As a bonus there are 4 studio tracks mixed into DD 5.1 from the album "Somewhere Else." It's a great live album and if you're a fan, you shouldn't avoid just because it's only Dolby. However, if you're expecting a discrete DVD Audio mix you should adjust your expectations.

thank you for the information, elmer :)

can I just ask you how good's the surround mix on those 4 studio tracks in 5.1 DD please?

So, I just picked up the Madfish repackaged rerelease, and I can't seem to find the bonus studio tracks listed anywhere. Is it an Easter egg that has to be accessed via some special remote control functions? Or did they actually re-author the DVD to get rid of the studio tracks?

I have the version released on MVD Visual - 2 DVD set. The (4) 5.1 studio mixes from the album “Somewhere Else” are the last 4 tracks on the second DVD.
691CF936-988A-43AD-B815-636005AE6921.jpeg

I have the version released on MVD Visual - 2 DVD set. The (4) 5.1 studio mixes from the album “Somewhere Else” are the last 4 tracks on the second DVD.
View attachment 82003
Ah. The Madfish release I bought is 2 CDs, 1 DVD. (Apparently, there was an earlier Madfish repackaged re-release of the original 2 DVD set.)

Last edited:
I have that 2CD+DVD set too.

Can anyone fix the thread title? Marillion is written with only one "r".

Back