Beatles Revolver Box Set (Dolby Atmos Mix available for streaming; No Blu-Ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshBuchanan

500 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
I have just noticed a live feed on twitter, hosted by Chris Shaw from the I am the eggpod podcast, with the following title....
Screenshot_20220807-180339_Twitter.jpg

That's all I know (have just tuned in), but I'm excited!

He didn't give much away to be honest. Sounds like he's heard from a friend of a friend's friend. But I missed the first half hour, so I maybe missed some vital info

One of the more interesting entries in the comments section:

Sam Okell confirmed on a podcast epiosde that was released this past week stating that they are starting at the middle (Revolver) and working backwards since the 50th Anniversary SDE editions are done. You could very well see Revolver (2022), Rubber Soul (2023), and HELP! (2024) in remix form.​

Also want to point out--as QQ's "Similar Threads" algorithm did--the thread that @boxhead started last year:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/remixing-the-beatles-pre-sgt-pepper.31308/

One of the more interesting entries in the comments section:

Sam Okell confirmed on a podcast epiosde that was released this past week stating that they are starting at the middle (Revolver) and working backwards since the 50th Anniversary SDE editions are done. You could very well see Revolver (2022), Rubber Soul (2023), and HELP! (2024) in remix form.​

Also want to point out--as QQ's "Similar Threads" algorithm did--the thread that @boxhead started last year:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/remixing-the-beatles-pre-sgt-pepper.31308/

Since REVOLVER was recorded via 4 TRACK, wonder if there will be a surround release?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolver_(Beatles_album)

Since REVOLVER was recorded via 4 TRACK, wonder if there will be a surround release?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolver_(Beatles_album)

I don't remember where I read it, but I seem to recall Giles Martin making some comment about not mixing anything pre-Pepper into surround given the limitations of the source material. As we all know though, effective surround mixes can be done from something originally recorded on 4-track. Steven Wilson did wonders with the first Jethro Tull album. (So if anybody here happens to be personally acquainted with both Giles and Steven, please pass Steven's phone # along to Giles so Steven can give him some lessons, LOL. 🤪 )

Even if there’s no surround mix, I’ll gladly take a stereo remix. The original stereo is pretty awful actually, the mono is better but not by much.

I don't remember where I read it, but I seem to recall Giles Martin making some comment about not mixing anything pre-Pepper into surround given the limitations of the source material. As we all know though, effective surround mixes can be done from something originally recorded on 4-track. Steven Wilson did wonders with the first Jethro Tull album. (So if anybody here happens to be personally acquainted with both Giles and Steven, please pass Steven's phone # along to Giles so Steven can give him some lessons, LOL. 🤪 )
Giles talked about this a year ago and talked about using de-mix technology.

I think there is. I think we have to do it, and I’ve said this before… If you take something like “Taxman” from “Revolver” [a track often cited for its bizarre stereo separation], “Taxman” is guitar, bass and drums on one track, and vocals and a sort of shaking and guitar solo (on the right). And it sounds good; they’re amazing recordings, and amazing mixes. You know, we have to look into what technology we can do to make things de-mixed and all this kind of stuff, which I’m looking into. So I’m looking for the technology to do it with, to do something really innovative with “Rubber Soul” and “Revolver,” as opposed to just a remastering job, because it’s been remastered already. So I think we will. I think we also will look at outtakes as well.

There’s such an overwhelming desire to do something with them, by fans. And at the same time, there’s the thing in the back of your mind: There’s no point in just doing this to make money or as a sales thing, or because we’d done the others. It’s more important that we do it for the right reason. So there’s your answer: yes. If, the same as “Sgt. Pepper,” I can find a reason to do it, then yes. An actual experience reason to do it, as opposed to just because we’ve done it.

https://variety.com/2021/music/news...-box-set-get-back-remix-interview-1235091415/

I need to go back to my files and see what they did with songs #4 "Eleanor Rigby / Julia (Transition)" & #14 "Within You Without You / Tomorrow Never Knows" on the DVD of LOVE; heck that was released about what 16 years now?

I'm confident after listening to Revolver some today, that the use of current (16 years later) professional de-mix (stem extraction) and re-mixing could most likely result in some satisfactory results in surround.

Are they so bold now to attempt all this?

What ??
Really ??

Where's Magical Mystery Tour ? It followed Sgt. Pepper and is also from 1967.
I would be disappointed as others might be , should it be overlooked entirely.
I mean considering we’ve got the 5.1 mix of the movie soundtrack on Blu-ray along with remixes of the singles on Side 2 on compilations over the years I guess they’re just planning on skipping it?

Back