Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should I feel ignorant that I don't know almost any of these artists?
you are not ignorant and you are not alone! 👍 most of this stuff is new to me too and i suspect to many others here as well 🙂

part of the joy of picking up SACDs, DVD-Audio's, DTS CDs and old Quad records and tapes etc. over the years has come in discovering so many artists i never knew before!

now the same thing is happening with Atmos! 🥳

more! more! 😍

I've given up listening to all this to me unknown music. I go for artists that I know, like the latest from Julian Lennon, which I think is real good both music and mix. :cool:
fair enough 😎 👍

my take is that everywhere new and everybody new and everything new is all unknown to us until we start engaging with it all 🙂

In Tidal there are up to three copies of “Fleetwood Mac Atmos” album. Good Tidal management, requesting the album upload from different sources? Nobody notice the duplication?

Two of them seems to be the same, but the third has more metadata values.

I have copied below some metadata tag values of interest of the first track: Monday Morning (Atmos mix)

Encoded date: UTC 2022-08-10 05:30:06

ISRC: USRH12203280 (The other copy has different ISRC)

Copyright: ℗ 1975 Warner Records Inc. 2017 Remastered Rhino Entertainment

Remastering Engineer: Dan Hersch

Audio Engineer: Keith Olsen

Audio Additional Mix Engineer: Bill Inglot / Brian Kehew

Recording Engineer: Keith Olsen

Second Engineer: David DeVore
i don't think any of these credits apply to the Atmos tbh, they look like CD Remaster info?

i don't think any of these credits apply to the Atmos tbh, they look like CD Remaster info?
I think you are right about that. Tidal usually use the form "immersive mix engineer" if they are mentioned in the credits. No entries for this in the FM credits sadly. I wish both Tidal and Apple could add them to the credits. It gives you another search option to find mixes you like.

Back