New Member, lifelong surround advocate

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quad ears

QQ Supporter
Hello All,
I previously stumbled upon this site, and decided to become a member to take advantage of all the collective surround sound knowledge. My first audio system purchased with summer job money (1971) was a Panasonic RE 7750 with a BSR turntable. This was a package system that included four speakers but was really just an ambient stereo. The summer after my senior year I upgraded to a JVC 5414 with four smaller Advents and a Pioneer PL55 turntable. I still have this receiver in the garage paired with two Norman Lab Model Sevens and two PSB Alpha CLRs for the rears hanging from the ceiling. I inherited my dad's JVC 5445 which is currently in my music room/home office that runs two original Larger Advents for the fronts and two smaller Advents for the rears. It's connected to a Denon DP23F turntable and includes the 5911 wired remote.

I've recently purchased a Marantz 4240 off Craigslist including a wired remote, that if kept may go in the den with the Denon 2112 A/V receiver and a 5.1 PSB surround setup. I guess I'll have to find an amp switch to switch between the units. I also have four utility cabinet OLAs (CL purchase) that I'm planning to restore but really don't have a home for. At this point I'm happy with the matrix surround sound of the quad setups, but may dive into discrete as budget allows, or maybe opt for the newer 5.1 releases of my favorite albums. Thanks in advance for any wisdom/guidance offered.

Hello All,
I previously stumbled upon this site, and decided to become a member to take advantage of all the collective surround sound knowledge. My first audio system purchased with summer job money (1971) was a Panasonic RE 7750 with a BSR turntable. This was a package system that included four speakers but was really just an ambient stereo. The summer after my senior year I upgraded to a JVC 5414 with four smaller Advents and a Pioneer PL55 turntable. I still have this receiver in the garage paired with two Norman Lab Model Sevens and two PSB Alpha CLRs for the rears hanging from the ceiling. I inherited my dad's JVC 5445 which is currently in my music room/home office that runs two original Larger Advents for the fronts and two smaller Advents for the rears. It's connected to a Denon DP23F turntable and includes the 5911 wired remote.

I've recently purchased a Marantz 4240 off Craigslist including a wired remote, that if kept may go in the den with the Denon 2112 A/V receiver and a 5.1 PSB surround setup. I guess I'll have to find an amp switch to switch between the units. I also have four utility cabinet OLAs (CL purchase) that I'm planning to restore but really don't have a home for. At this point I'm happy with the matrix surround sound of the quad setups, but may dive into discrete as budget allows, or maybe opt for the newer 5.1 releases of my favorite albums. Thanks in advance for any wisdom/guidance offered.
Welcome aboard Quad Ears - glad ya found us and koo on the Quad set up - and yes 5.1 is kooooo toooooo - this hobby gets expensive lol. Keep asking questions and posting your thoughts. Glad you are here :SB :QQlove :SB

Back