Vince Guaraldi - Charlie Brown Xmas Deluxe 4 CD + Bluray set (Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For completists, I am happy to report that the Warner restoration of A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS on Native UHD4K disc is AMAZING. For a 1965 Broadcast TV show, the colors are VIBRANT and the 5.1 restored soundtrack anchors all dialogue in the center channel and immerses the viewer in Vince Guaraldi's excellent music in ALL channels. And Warner has lavished the 25 minute show with a 1:85.1 aspect ratio which fills the entire screen.

See the source image

Snoop Dog and Chas in 1:85.1 WIDESCREEN and Immersive 5.1 Sound!

Last edited:
Does that mean we lose some of the original picture?
If so, I have mixed emotions about that.
IMO, so much MORE is gained not lost as 1965 Color TVs could never replicate those vibrant colors and there are NO chopped off heads....and the sound, ..pretty awesome considering the original broadcast was in mono only..there is even some ample bass response!

Last edited:
I just double checked: the same Dolby Vision, 4K, 5.1 is on Apple TV+ if people wanna give it a look before going for the disc. I thought it was mono, but scrolling down reveals a bunch of 5.1 in various languages

Can confirm that from when I saw it last holiday, and when I watched Its The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown that the Dolby Vision colors are excellent

I just double checked: the same Dolby Vision, 4K, 5.1 is on Apple TV+ if people wanna give it a look before going for the disc. I thought it was mono, but scrolling down reveals a bunch of 5.1 in various languages

Can confirm that from when I saw it last holiday, and when I watched Its The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown that the Dolby Vision colors are excellent
And I can also confirm there were NO purple moustaches!

FYI, the Peanuts HOLIDAY COLLECTION has been released in a Native UHD4K package with lossless 24 bit DTS~HD MA 5.1 codecs. It's a six disc set which includes the entire collection on BD~V, as well. Comes in a slipcase.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Peanuts-Holiday-Collection-4K-Blu-ray/183521/#Review
Edit: Just ordered a Used, VG set through Amazon for under $14 + s/h. Will Keep the UHD4K discs and gift the BD~Vs to a friend who is autistic and a huge Peanuts fan!

71SYfPCXLdL._SL1500_.jpg
It's very tempting, but the packaging says English only. We speak French at home and I would like my kids to be able to see them.

I don't usually fall for the whole coloured LP lark, I don't even really buy LPs anymore, but I decided to get the limited to 750 copies Ice Skating Rink clear one which is a Craft exclusive.

View attachment 82460
I received my LP today and it's a thing of beauty. I'm glad to have it in my collection. The embossed cover is also really well made.

Received my copy today. I never owned this in any format so I have nothing to compare it to. But I think it sounds great. I am happy with the fidelity and the mix. It's nicely packaged. It reminds me of the ones that would hold several 78's back in the day. I am listening to it in Dolby Atmos folded down to 5.1

I got my copy from Amazon last evening, and listened to the Atmos mix last night. I didn't notice much in the way of discreet sound in the mix, but I must say, the Atmos mix was like warm butter. And I cranked the sound up loud. In a word, sublime.

Thanks to Simon A's post re Importcds, I preordered & received yesterday.
Beautiful packaging. Reminiscent of 50's style "Book" packaging.
I was confused at first thinking these weren't digital media and somehow vinyl but reason returned after a sec or 2

Thanks to Simon A's post re Importcds, I preordered & received yesterday.
Beautiful packaging. Reminiscent of 50's style "Book" packaging.
I was confused at first thinking these weren't digital media and somehow vinyl but reason returned after a sec or 2
Glad to be of service! :)

Enjoy the set and Happy Holidays to you and yours! 🎅

I ordered it a couple of weeks ago with some other stuff from importcds. It said "In stock". They shipped the other stuff but not Charlie Brown and it now says "Back order". Do you know if my chances of receiving it are good or bad?

I ordered it a couple of weeks ago with some other stuff from importcds. It said "In stock". They shipped the other stuff but not Charlie Brown and it now says "Back order". Do you know if my chances of receiving it are good or bad?
Well, it's not coming. I just received the cancellation from ImportCDs. I'm really disappointed because it's available elsewhere, even directly from Kraft Records, but ordering anywhere else is going to be 20-25% more expensive (shipping is a factor as I'm in Canada).

I've been rereading the comments in the poll of the DVD with the DTS 5.1 mix because it's much less expensive, but I'm starting to doubt if it's worth it over the stereo CD version. I was interested in the other CDs, so maybe the deluxe CD with 13 extra tracks could be the way to go.

Any thoughts?

P.S.: With things like this, sometimes I feel I get "surround fatigue" like @edisonbaggins mentioned in one of his videos, trying too much to get surround albums when plain stereo is enough or when an album is too expensive to get (because of initial pricing or because of rarity).

I've been rereading the comments in the poll of the DVD with the DTS 5.1 mix because it's much less expensive, but I'm starting to doubt if it's worth it over the stereo CD version. I was interested in the other CDs, so maybe the deluxe CD with 13 extra tracks could be the way to go.

Any thoughts?

P.S.: With things like this, sometimes I feel I get "surround fatigue" like @edisonbaggins mentioned in one of his videos, trying too much to get surround albums when plain stereo is enough or when an album is too expensive to get (because of initial pricing or because of rarity).

Streaming?

Atmos version:

Stereo super deluxe: 80 songs, four hours:

Back