The Tragically Hip - Fully Completely (box set with Dolby Atmos) Oct.07.2022

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I managed to get the Road Apples box set at a QQ-friends discount. At that price point, I'm happy with it. To my ears, the mix suits the album.
I think R. Chycki did a fine job on the latest Moving Pictures Atmos mix too.
I love The Hip. This is a great album. Not sure I'll bite at full box set retail price.
Agreed, i thought the mix suited the album very well.

I listened to their first Atmos mix on apple last night. Nothing in rears at all. Maybe this will be better?

I managed to get the Road Apples box set at a QQ-friends discount. At that price point, I'm happy with it. To my ears, the mix suits the album.
I think R. Chycki did a fine job on the latest Moving Pictures Atmos mix too.
I love The Hip. This is a great album. Not sure I'll bite at full box set retail price.
Hi Mike. I can not hear anything in rears?

Yes War of the worlds, Lady Gaga Joanne, Beatles Let it Be, Doors waiting for the Sun, all sound good to me so far. Plenty of overhead and rear action.
Good to know.
How are you listening to Road Apples? Streaming? Blu-ray?
Are you having success with exactly the same type of sources?
These are attempts at troubleshooting questions.
It might be helpful if you give us your entire system description.

Good to know.
How are you listening to Road Apples? Streaming? Blu-ray?
Are you having success with exactly the same type of sources?
These are attempts at troubleshooting questions.
It might be helpful if you give us your entire system description.
Streaming via Apple into Denon X8500H AVR, with Aperion A5 speakers, just set up 7.0.2.

I am listening to the Road Apples now, I have Bring it All back on. Everything is upfront and overhead.

Streaming via Apple into Denon X8500H AVR, with Aperion A5 speakers, just set up 7.0.2.

I am listening to the Road Apples now, I have Bring it All back on. Everything is upfront and overhead.
1. Are you sure you're listening to the Atmos version (in case there is a non-Atmos version on Apple also)
2. Can you confirm you're hearing surround material from other streaming Atmos albums?
3. Per my own listening to the Road Apples blu-ray (should be the same Atmos mix), there is obvious surround material throughout the album.

I just revisited this on Tidal. All surround speakers are active. I use the same avr with 7.1.4 configuration.

Anyone know any codes for Universal Music that offer better than 10% off? Would love a 15% or 20% just to make this slightly more affordable...my budget is in tatters right now but I so love this album.

Back