MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest DVD-V,Concert/Music-Related?NO 5.1ALBUMS,DVD-A,QUADIO

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
710lcuIQkYL._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Stev...The-24-Karat-Gold-Tour-Blu-ray/281812/#Review

Japanese Singles Collection - Chicago Japan DVD/2 CD
DVD has 13 videos & 4 live tracks from US tour Feb - May 2019
Videos are from Chicago 16 onward.
CD's begin w/CTA singles, and include Question 67 & 68 and Lowdown in Japanese, though NOT the live versions in Japanese on Live in Japan ('72) 2 LP (or CD) red sand cover.

Yazoo - In Your Room CD/DVD box set

View attachment 82712 View attachment 82713

The previous owner must have been a real superfan, one of the CD booklets appears to have been signed by the band and two concert tickets were tucked between the pages.
looking forward to your thoughts on this set 👍 tbh i feel they could have been more Surroundily adventuresome with the material..

Rickie Lee Jones LIVE IN STOCKHOLM [DVD/DD 5.1]

R.d87b8b6bba177c35e06e1c7935554617

"An absolute original live! When beatnik kitty cat Rickie Lee first blew minds in '79 with Chuck E.'s In Love, it was obvious that an artist of startling talent had arrived. As she evolved, straightened up, and became a mother, she wisely shed the theatrics and focused on her art. Taped last year in front of a crowd of adoring Swedes and beautifully directed by Ian McCrudden who bathes Jones in light and bright colors, this concert hasn't a frill in sight. The "little girl who's singing this song" still emotes with that singular conversational scat 'n' roll. She's a jazz singer really always has been. She performs originals from her astounding one-two shot eponymous debut and its follow-up Pirates, all the way through '09's Balm In Gilead. A fine guitarist and pianist, she's simply backed by bassist and drummer, both of whom sing, creating gorgeous three-part harmonies. At one point she becomes so wrapped up in her guys' delightful falsettos, she forgets the lyrics and lapses into giggles. Rickie Lee Jones clearly loves her job." - Michael Simmons, MOJO The Magazine September 2011 Review, 4 Stars (out of 5)

Last edited:
Rickie Lee Jones LIVE IN STOCKHOLM [DVD/DD 5.1]

R.d87b8b6bba177c35e06e1c7935554617

"An absolute original live! When beatnik kitty cat Rickie Lee first blew minds in '79 with Chuck E.'s In Love, it was obvious that an artist of startling talent had arrived. As she evolved, straightened up, and became a mother, she wisely shed the theatrics and focused on her art. Taped last year in front of a crowd of adoring Swedes and beautifully directed by Ian McCrudden who bathes Jones in light and bright colors, this concert hasn't a frill in sight. The "little girl who's singing this song" still emotes with that singular conversational scat 'n' roll. She's a jazz singer really always has been. She performs originals from her astounding one-two shot eponymous debut and its follow-up Pirates, all the way through '09's Balm In Gilead. A fine guitarist and pianist, she's simply backed by bassist and drummer, both of whom sing, creating gorgeous three-part harmonies. At one point she becomes so wrapped up in her guys' delightful falsettos, she forgets the lyrics and lapses into giggles. Rickie Lee Jones clearly loves her job." - Michael Simmons, MOJO The Magazine September 2011 Review, 4 Stars (out of 5)
One of my MANY recent specials at ELUSIVE DISC ..... ONLY $4.99 delivered, sealed! Now it's $25! It was filmed in high def and the DD 5.1 is actually quite good.

RALPH~E's in LOVE ...all over again!

Last edited:
looking forward to your thoughts on this set 👍 tbh i feel they could have been more Surroundily adventuresome with the material..
I don't know the material well at all, but my immediate impression from flicking through both discs is that there just isn't a lot of instrumentation to work with - most songs seem to have a drum machine, one or two synth parts, and a single lead vocal. The 5.1 mix places the drum machine and vocal upfront, with the synths mixed partially and/or entirely to the rear. Listening to the rears in isolation, the stereo image is very narrow (nearly mono) for much of the time. There are a couple of fun bits with vocal echoes and synths ping-ponging around too. It ain't Ultravox's Vienna, but - considering the limitations - it's pretty effective.

Franz Zappa : Waka/Wazoo (4xCD/1xBD)

View attachment 86759

View attachment 86760

i might go back to buying box sets again just to get the Physical Surround/Atmos disc if all such releases were of this kind of compact dinky wee form factor 💘
I ordered mine from the Zappa Store in the USA, and its stuck in the airport in NJ by the looks of it due to the terrible weather, and amusingly it was manufactured in Germany and sent to the USA, just to be waiting to be sent back to this side of the pond, although with import duty added! 🤪

I ordered mine from the Zappa Store in the USA, and its stuck in the airport in NJ by the looks of it due to the terrible weather, and amusingly it was manufactured in Germany and sent to the USA, just to be waiting to be sent back to this side of the pond, although with import duty added! 🤪
oh gawd, Duncan.. 🤦‍♀️ i'm sorry to hear that 😔 i hope the weather clears up (looks like its headed our way!? 😬) and you get yours soon! 🤞

fwiw i got it from Chalky's, after it transpired the Atmos was gone from Apple Music (and Jonathan said it was only a small CD sized package so i could shoehorn it in the shagpad shelves after all!) i ordered it the 20th of December and it arrived today (28th). pretty impressive! 🤩

Been brushing up on my 80s Priest...this one is a lot of fun, their MTV vids -with really horrible murky sound and non existent MCH mix, a couple of OGWTest appearances from forever ago(Rob with LONG HAIR! and kimono), playback on TOTPops and what I got it for, a decent transfer from what looks to be the LD of "Priest..LIVE!"...all for less than $8---
https://www.discogs.com/release/586939-Judas-Priest-Electric-Eye

Back