Bill Nelson’s Red Noise: Art/Empire/Industry – The Complete Red Noise Box Set (5.1 surround mix of "Sound on Sound")

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy moly! My copy arrived today, I immediately put the DVD with the 5.1 mix into my player, and BAM!! "Don't Touch Me (I'm Electric)" is one of the most thrilling surround mixes I have heard in a while - in your face, wild, and discrete but totally in service to the music. Can't wait to dig deeper into this album. I'm not very familiar with it, so this will be exciting for sure!

Holy moly! My copy arrived today, I immediately put the DVD with the 5.1 mix into my player, and BAM!! "Don't Touch Me (I'm Electric)" is one of the most thrilling surround mixes I have heard in a while - in your face, wild, and discrete but totally in service to the music. Can't wait to dig deeper into this album. I'm not very familiar with it, so this will be exciting for sure!
we have to thank @Stephen W Tayler and Maestro Bill for this.. can't wait to get mine!

Just noticed I "did a GOS" on this and pre-ordered one from Burning Shed a while back, then forgot and ordered it again on Amazon,
which arrived yesterday. Don't have the Burning Shed one yet.

I'll wait a bit and sell the extra one shrink-wrapped here for original cost. Will go first to whoever claims it right after it goes out of print.

Pre-orders accepted, lol!

ugh...do I need to order this??

I would say yes! I'm onto the bonus material in 5.1, which is just as strong as the main album, and I think that this just may be my favorite surround mix of all the Be Bop boxes. Very dynamic mix. Stylistically, it's different from the earlier albums, for sure, but not as wildly different as you would think....definitely a natural extension of Drastic Plastic, so if you liked that album, you likely will enjoy this one as well. I hear a lot of Devo influence on some tracks, as well as some Lodger-era Bowie. All good to me!

And of course it's up at Import CD's too, right now $55.79 + $2.99 shipping - that's seems hard to beat so I placed a pre-order.
NELSON,BILL / RED NOISE Art/ Empire/ Industry: The Complete Red Noise [Import] Boxed Set, With DVD, Remastered, United Kingdom - Import on ImportCDs
I was looking into these options, but it doesn't appear on either anymore it seems? Was it a limited run or something?

I'm having issues with the DVD's in this box , I have Sony X800 and both discs on insertion have a loud audible buzz that keeps going throughout the menus I have tried a different box (I'm fortunate enough to have a record shop and stock this) and the same problem occurs , anybody out there with the same player having the same problem? A shame as the 5.1 mixes sound amazing

I'm having issues with the DVD's in this box , I have Sony X800 and both discs on insertion have a loud audible buzz that keeps going throughout the menus I have tried a different box (I'm fortunate enough to have a record shop and stock this) and the same problem occurs , anybody out there with the same player having the same problem? A shame as the 5.1 mixes sound amazing
That doesn’t bode well. I’m wondering if other players like oppo’s have a similar issue also?

Wonderful to hear it again at the studio!! SWTx
RedNoiseInStudio.jpg

Back